You've got to be joking. I call baloney!

Ape88

what makes you think it didnt save? I noticed when the timer went to zero I seen an auto save in my game play. I also slept for an hour to make sure it saved again, It better off, will see when I start next challenge  day 4 shortly. I think its live in about 15minutes

Because my timer for day 3 had gone away, I had passed time and exited the mine and reentered it. It said it had saved. Then when I reloaded the game to get ready for the 4th day of night, it said day three still had 29 minutes.

oh my timer also disappeared. but I just thought that was normal. I wont be starting until I know day 4 begins I think. fingers crossed it works still or yeah wont be happy Jan.

Maybe you should of done that extra 29 minutes as well if you seen it.

yeah not sure what to say but try the day4 challenge you might still get the badge. else it seems your badge progress didn't save due to some sort of delay in getting it and it saving it? I always try to look at steam saving final progress, sometime that can be slow, so I never quit out of steam until I see final save is completed.

Also day 2 I had similar issues, thought it saved the progress but it didn't so I had to do another 2 hour play :(. not sure if it was me quiting out to early or what.

Update: so the save must have gotten funky... The game recognized that I did at least 2 hours of each day and gave me the badge... So there must have been some miscommunication but at least it worked out in my favor but it still scared the kajeebers out of me and made me consider quitting.

1 minute ago, Ape88 said:

Update: so the save must have gotten funky... The game recognized that I did at least 2 hours of each day and gave me the badge... So there must have been some miscommunication but at least it worked out in my favor but it still scared the kajeebers out of me and made me consider quitting.

nice

5 hours ago, Ape88 said:

The time left (if you saw it in the main menu) was stating there was 20 minutes until the next day of night started and not 20 minutes until you get your badge. If you saw it in-game while surviving, then yeah it was a glitch.

Same thing happened to me - played at least 2hrs on all 4 days on one game file without dying.

On day 3, the 2hr countdown didn't appear and there was an exclamation point next to the day description. When I completed day 4, I didn't get the 4 day badge. Seems like a glitch.

6 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

The time left (if you saw it in the main menu) was stating there was 20 minutes until the next day of night started and not 20 minutes until you get your badge. If you saw it in-game while surviving, then yeah it was a glitch.

It was in the actual game, not the main menu... It said 20 minutes until 2 hours of day 3 was reached, 5 minutes before day 4 was due to start. I also lost progress in the way of my character being worse off than she was when I had left the game thinking it had saved properly. But at least I didn't end up like some folks who perservered over a single save and still didn't get the 2nd badge.

On 10/31/2018 at 4:17 PM, Ape88 said:

It was in the actual game, not the main menu... It said 20 minutes until 2 hours of day 3 was reached, 5 minutes before day 4 was due to start. I also lost progress in the way of my character being worse off than she was when I had left the game thinking it had saved properly. But at least I didn't end up like some folks who perservered over a single save and still didn't get the 2nd badge.

It sounds like this exclamation point nonsense that I never saw on PC must have had to do with an online connectivity issue with Xbox and Xbox live or something. In any case it seems like this exclamation point should have alerted you to an issue with the countdown....not that you could have known that without an explanation next to the exclamation point explaining what it meant exactly. It would have been nice if staff was alerted to the issue so in turn they could have alerted the rest of the community before the event ended....

Closing the game and unplugging and plugging the console back in probably would have restored the online connection....

Archived