Any advice

Tri13

Just now, Tri13 said:

I need to get the twilight badge but every time I do it I live until I have 10 mins left then a wolf comes out of no were and shreds me to pieces any advice?

You start on full stomach iirc, just stay in some warm shelter and leave you character doing nothing for 2h real time? Don't worry about hunger and dehydration, they won't kill you in a total of 4h I think. Above all, don't sleep, don't "pass time".

40 minutes ago, BareSkin said:

You start on full stomach iirc, just stay in some warm shelter and leave you character doing nothing for 2h real time? Don't worry about hunger and dehydration, they won't kill you in a total of 4h I think. Above all, don't sleep, don't "pass time".

Did you do this?

Just now, Tri13 said:

Did you do this?

No, but that's what you should do if you don't have a twilight badge yet. What I did was a lot of looting on day 1, since I thought I'd have to survive with the same survivor for the four days in a row (which is not true).

You have to survive today for 2h real time, that's the easy part. Just stay inside somewhere and wait.

Tomorrow will be something else, you'll have to survive 2 real time hours in the cold. The simpler way is to find you way to the Cinder Hills Coal mine and just stay inside if you Feels Like temperature is positive. Again, don't sleep, don't pass time. Second option, scout the outdoors and light a fire in a stove or a barrel. Same idea, once your fire brings you to positive Feels Like and it's duration is around 1h30, just wait near the fire, thinking of who you are.

You don't need supplies, except 2 or 3 matches, and around 15 sticks. Maybe more sticks if it's really really cold.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:13 PM, Tri13 said:

I need to get the twilight badge but every time I do it I live until I have 10 mins left then a wolf comes out of no were and shreds me to pieces any advice?

Chances are you can adjust your system time and play as if it is Day 1.  Then play Day 2.  Then Day 3.  I would be much easier to do in order.  But you probably still need to put in real hours.

Some things to keep in mind when waiting out the clock.  Once your "needs" bars turn red, your condition decreases by 1% per game hour for hunger, 2% for thirst, 1%  for exhaustion, and 20% for cold.  The suggestion with the Cinder Hills Coal Mine is a good one.  At the deepest part, if memory serves, the ambient temperature is above freezing.  So you could be naked and not freeze.

Someone mentioned somewhere that there seems to be a brief 40 minute grace period even on Day 3 before the wolves appear.  I have not tested this so don't take my word for it.  But if that is the case, first head up the hill into the Jackrabbit Island house and look under the couch for a flare.  There should be one under there.  Take water from the toilet while you're there, and exit.  Check outside the door for candy, and grab it if it's there.  Then head straight for the Cinder Hills Coal Mine, sprinting as much as possible.  Don't stop to warm up, just take whatever freezing damage you must and make haste.

Once inside the mine, light the flare and use it to navigate the mine until you reach a spot where the temperature is above freezing.  (You may as well search the containers for random candy bars.) Then simply stand there and do nothing.  Go watch TV, read a book, just let the game time advance.  Check back every half hour or so and drink water if you're thirsty.  Let your hunger and exhaustion wear down to zero, it's OK.  You will start to lose condition, but keep your thirst topped off.  Eat if you have anything on you, but don't worry about that too much.  With condition loss from only hunger and exhaustion, you will not die before you hit the 2 hour mark of real time.

Once the 2 hours are over, call up the radial and Pass Time for 1 hour to force an auto-save, so that your progress is recorded.  Then you can exit the game.

Edit: Just figured I'd add, if for whatever reason the wolves start appearing and prevent you from getting to the mine, start over and head to the Coastal Townsite instead as a Plan B.  Quickly loot houses, prioritizing the bedrooms to find clothing.  If you can get your Feels Like above freezing while in a house, you can just wait out the clock there.

1 hour ago, BareSkin said:

No, but that's what you should do if you don't have a twilight badge yet. What I did was a lot of looting on day 1, since I thought I'd have to survive with the same survivor for the four days in a row (which is not true).really cold.

I thought it was the same savegame for all 4 days.... as in when the event started.  ??

4 minutes ago, stapeliad said:

I thought it was the same savegame for all 4 days.... as in when the event started.  ??

That's what I think everyone thought.  But Hinterland clarified that it doesn't have to be on the same survivor.

Edit: Although if you really looted the crap out of the world on Day 1, it certainly is easier with the same survivor!

Just now, ajb1978 said:

Edit: Just figured I'd add, if for whatever reason the wolves start appearing and prevent you from getting to the mine, start over and head to the Coastal Townsite instead as a Plan B.  Quickly loot houses, prioritizing the bedrooms to find clothing.  If you can get your Feels Like above freezing while in a house, you can just wait out the clock there.

My advice would be: if you see wolves, DON'T go to Coastal, you'll die because it's a heavy wolfsite, and I doubt any of the house will be warm enough, since they want to force us outside of our bunkers.

Just light the flare you found under the bench at Jackrabbit house (where you spawn, nearly) as soon as a wolf approaches, the lit flare with last long enough to keep wolves away until you reach the mine uphill. In the mine you will find another new flare.

1 minute ago, BareSkin said:

My advice would be: if you see wolves, DON'T go to Coastal, you'll die because it's a heavy wolfsite, and I doubt any of the house will be warm enough, since they want to force us outside of our bunkers.

Oh if you see wolves right away, absolutely.  To clarify, that assumes the 40 minute grace period is real, and it expires before reaching the mine, resulting in wolf encounters in the final leg of the journey.  What I was getting at is if that happens, quit and start over, and head directly to the Townsite instead.  You can definitely get there from jackrabbit before this alleged grace period expires.

Just now, ajb1978 said:

Oh if you see wolves right away, absolutely.  To clarify, that assumes the 40 minute grace period is real, and it expires before reaching the mine, resulting in wolf encounters in the final leg of the journey.  What I was getting at is if that happens, quit and start over, and head directly to the Townsite instead.  You can definitely get there from jackrabbit before this alleged grace period expires.

Totally true. 40 real-time minutes is enough to get past this trap, and once up it's much less wolfy. If you see wolves right away, I'd keep visibility until the road taking left of Log Sort, the up in the hills, move towards the Lookout/Mine from above the road as much as possible. Don't forget to run all you can if you start in a wolf-free game.

Oh my damn ok forget everything I just said.  I tested this myself now twice, and I have a much better plan.

From the start, just walk up the hill and enter the Jackrabbit Island house.  Take the candy at the door if it spawns, loot the toilet for water, then just stand there for 2 real hours.

That's it.  The Jackrabbit house is 1C by default.  Both times I tested this, a candy bar was outside, so that's 2500 calories right there.  And the toilet has water.

Man this was a lot easier than I thought.

Twilight badge received thank you, everybody, especially Bareskin who gave me the idea to stay in the jackrabbit island house for 2 hours straight I go to completely catch up on Youtube and rewatch the Who Killed Markipier series. So all the credit to him and also thank you for the other suggestions this is really a great community to be a part of. PS... Do any of you think that Markiplier should be an actor? Or is that just me.

Archived