Badge update from Admin

hozz1235

http://www.hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/21430-2018-event-info-and-details/?do=findComment&comment=144673

I get that you can use multiple saves now to get the 4day badge, but maybe this is where I'm confused, I thought that I start a NEW 4DON game now, it will place me on Day 3?  If so, how can I play 2 hours per day when I can't get back to Days 1 & 2?

If a NEW game does place me on Day 1, how does it transition from Day 1 to 2, etc.?

My understanding is that it doesn't send you back, but you can get the badge as long as you got the countdown to hit zero, each day. They no longer have to have all been on the same save. If you don't play for two hours on a given day, then you're still out of luck. But if you die, you can fire up a new game, and go for two hours again. 

Just now, MarrowStone said:

This is good because most of us have been too scared to leave our homes for the last 3 days.

Since from the beginning my rule was to have only one save (TLD way), I've stayed bunkered at JackRabbit's for whole day2 and day3. I starve just by regular Interloper habit, but that's actually not even necessary given all the cattails stalks I have in the fridge. Only "feared" possibility is strong moving winds preventing open fires on day4 since there is no stove/firelace where I am, but a fishing is 100m away, and I have 36 bullets, 12 flares, 43 coals so I should be able to make it there in any case. Worst case, go back to the Mine.

Just now, Blankshield said:

I wish I'd known this before dying on day 2.  I thought at that point my progress was hosed, so I didn't log 2 hours yesterday.

Hinterland is facing their own sort of TLD: they launch the event, but can't replay it. Once it's done, it's done. Think about all the experience they gathered for the next event :)

On 10/30/2018 at 6:48 PM, BareSkin said:

Hinterland is facing their own sort of TLD: they launch the event, but can't replay it. Once it's done, it's done. Think about all the experience they gathered for the next event :)

Technically you can(could) roll back the system clock on PC or console and get back to Day 1 that way if you did it before downloading the end of the event update.

Now that the event is totally over and the game has probably been updated it's too late though....

However I did save my whole game folder on PC in it's prior state.

Archived