DAY 3 (spoilers)

Doc Feral

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I've moved all the essentials out into that sheltered depression below the tower, in case it burns down.  I've brewed all of my teas and coffee.  If the tower still stands, I can easily move back up.  If not, I can try to survive here, or bug-out to the Jack-o-lantern (My Hail Mary pass).

I never noticed the blinking aviation hazard light before... 

screen_198a438f-9718-4b80-b636-47485cca68c0_hi.png

Just now, stapeliad said:

I confess to hiding in Alan’s Cave for day 3 and hoping for the best. Im too chicken to venture on, not after I tried and that scary wolf almost killed me. I am staying right here. :/ 

You're actually in one of those perfect places to be in for tomorrow: Sheltered, narrow entrance, and still outside. Just make sure you have some fuel on you, at least 30-40 sticks, not for duration, but for temperature bonus.

34 minutes ago, BareSkin said:

You're actually in one of those perfect places to be in for tomorrow: Sheltered, narrow entrance, and still outside. Just make sure you have some fuel on you, at least 30-40 sticks, not for duration, but for temperature bonus.

? ? Whaaa … does carrying around that many sticks actually give you a temperature bonus???  How did I not know this? 

Well, let's be honest here.  I'm a noobie and really, I know nothing John Snow!  Winter is coming …. tonight! :wolf: :fire:

I had to leave Alan's Cave... could not sustain because of the cold.

SO...I got really really brave and found the rope up to the cave near the Camp Office.  Made it up there, took a nap, stashed some stuff....and realized... I left my recycled can back in Alan's Cave!!

Noooooooooo!

Well since I was so close anyhow, I ventured to the Camp Office... not a wolf in sight... I'm in the office now, amazing what sleeping in an actual bed does for one's condition.

I think I have to go back to the cave though, to prepare for tomorrow. Really don't want to go back out but I think I have to.

That fire saved my life... literally...

20181030175359_1.jpg

20181030184515_1.jpg

I'm back in ML's camp office. My self-confidence is lost somewhere on the hills around Milton... somewhere between the road from church to Gray Mother's house (followed by 3 wolves, trying to catch them all at the time in a beam of my flashlight - couldn't scare them off, just could stop them from tearing me apart), and some dark episode of fighting pack of about 10 wolves at Paradise Meadows. After putting down 6 of them (2 crit shots followed by 4 struggles one by one), on 11% health I've decided to retreat to Milton followed by howls from north, south and west  - no one can be lucky forever, it's not a damn Rambo movie for Gods sake! Today I was lucky 35 times, 35 wolves perished. Just because they were hungry of my flesh.

At least I've got some candy bars and a second pair of climbing socks. The rest of loot isn't worth mentioning - or taking back to camp office for the final, forth tier of neverending darkness.

I am ready. Or, at least, I tried to do everything to be ready...

Winter has come. God save us all.

2 minutes ago, Civrilios said:

Mostly. Not every wolf escapes, but the RMB strong light stops their movements even when he is charging you already.

Stops them charging but I couldn't figure out how to keep them from attacking me once the light ran out. *sigh* 

Just now, Ardawna said:

? ? Whaaa … does carrying around that many sticks actually give you a temperature bonus???  How did I not know this? 

Well, let's be honest here.  I'm a noobie and really, I know nothing John Snow!  Winter is coming …. tonight! :wolf: :fire:

Well, no. The sticks are not clothes, but we'd all like that!

Actually, when you make a fire, each stick you put inside add +1°C temperature bonus. This means if it's -45°C outside (can happen) and you have a clothing bonus of, say, +30°C, your Feels like will be at -15°C base. So, you will need a +15°C fire in order not to freeze to your death, and that will take 15 sticks.

Just now, stapeliad said:

That fire saved my life... literally...

My bet would be they'll just erase all "inside" temperatures, and you should be fine inside Camp Office with a nice fire in one of the stoves.

I would also bet there will be some cooking involved, since the fire will be needed anyway. But I might be wrong. That'd actually be fun, a real Apocalypse. Survival of the Fittest, you know...

Ohhh so close, I almost made it.

I mean I'm still alive, I just almost made the entire 4DON event without a single wolf struggle.  Buuuut I got ambushed around a blind corner while hunting for firewood and didn't even have time to shoulder my rifle.  Hatchet to the face did the trick though.

Well, I think I still need like 40 minutes of gameplay to reach my 2-hour survival goal for Day 3. I've decided to remain at my nice little base on Signal Hill, after all. Today was rather uneventful: I cautiously ventured out to gather wood, tried to shoot a wolf in the vicinity from a higher vantage point, but it was probably too far away, I don't know if I hit it and I certainly didn't leave my position to investigate. I waited a bit, however, just to see if the wolf returned. Nothing. So I gathered a bit more wood, and now I'll hang around for a while, heating up, making water and tea, trying to see if I can send an SOS via the radio tower in case anyone's listening… I'll have the game save my position when I go outside just in case something happens to the Control Hut at the start of Day 4.

(Oh, a friend of mine who's playing 4DON but is not on the forums just wrote me to tell me he tragically died to a wolf pack outside Orca Gas Station. Farewell, fellow survivor. I told you it was unwise to try and set base there with low rifle ammo…)

–Rick 

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 22.53.43.png

Archived