DAY 3 (spoilers)

Doc Feral

I'm still at the dam, the aurora lights up the night, I might as well move elsewhere, at least visibility is good. Red eyed wolves were cool, it's a bit disappointing they became classic aurorized ones.

Anyway, I think I'll go back to my early days of TLD when I hacked my way through wolves and licked the hatchet afterwards. I torn apart enough curtains and I have plenty of antiseptic and sewing kits to enjoy a nice battle and patch up myself and my clothes.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I´m out, the wolves ate my toon.

I started at the trailer in front of the dam, decided to try my luck and move to trapper´s. I shot two aurora wolves on my way to the three trailers in the logging area. Afterwards I climbed up the hill behind the trailers. The night was clear and I saw many wolves down in the log area. There was howling everywhere! When I turned around to look for a safe way to get down, suddenly two aurora wolves appeared behind the trees. I tried to shoot but I was too slow. The first wolf simply killed me. That beast wouldn´t let go....

Good luck to all who are still in the race for the second badge!

So I ventured to the ML cabins across the lake from the camp office. Went the back way - no wolves there except one surprise loner behind the cabins who was so easy to beat off with a prybar I wondered what I was so afraid of (then I remembered it was just one). The trip was worth it. Sticks, reclaimed wood, about a dozen books, and four candy bars. On the way back I forgot to make the tight left and skirted the lake instead, had to crouch a bit, one wolf caught me anyway and bit me. Hurray for bandages and antiseptic of which I have a lot. Didn't get a shot off so no wasted bullets. It was still a prybar I had to use, and I thought I saw blood splatter but I guess it was mine! X{

Anyway, I'm all set for fire-making whatnots (except coal). So unless my house burns down, I'm all set for tomorrow. And even if it does burn down, I could just lug as much as possible down to the cave behind the lake cabins.

Screenshot from 2018-10-30 09-03-25.png

9 minutes ago, reginaphalange said:

And even if it does burn down, I could just lug as much as possible down to the cave behind the lake cabins.

I'm pretty sure that if it does burn down, you won't be able to salvage a damn thing from the ruins..

Which is why I've preemptively relocated to the ML-MT transition cave.

5 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I'm pretty sure that if it does burn down, you won't be able to salvage a damn thing from the ruins..

Which is why I've preemptively relocated to the ML-MT transition cave.

That's an interesting thought! Maybe I'll make the trek back and forth or lug as much as I can right now...... I know it's safe enough.

By the way, anyone else noticed crazy behaviour in aurora wolves? They frequently flee, and not because of street lamps or similar lights. "Frequently" means like one out of four, which is way more than I ever achieved with a bear coat and wolf coat combination.

2 minutes ago, Doc Feral said:

By the way, anyone else noticed crazy behaviour in aurora wolves?

No.. but I've noticed they un-scare really quickly. Miss with a rifle round, they'll start running away, but within less than 50m they'll stop and resume prowling.

So I think my strategy is actually this: have all my fire-making and other necessary things in my inventory in case I do need to flee the house. Because no one would KNOW their house would catch fire suddenly... and even if they did it wouldn't just one day be *poof* destroyed. So I figure having my "go bag" ready is not quite cheating but also being prepared...

14 minutes ago, reginaphalange said:

So I think my strategy is actually this: have all my fire-making and other necessary things in my inventory in case I do need to flee the house. Because no one would KNOW their house would catch fire suddenly... and even if they did it wouldn't just one day be *poof* destroyed. So I figure having my "go bag" ready is not quite cheating but also being prepared...

definitely NOT cheating... this is how I plan on ending day 3.. absolute last day critical items on me... rifle in hand...standing at the very back of my cave after a good 8 hour sleep... fire roaring beside me

Just now, Cr41g said:

definitely NOT cheating... this is how I plan on ending day 3.. absolute last day critical items on me... rifle in hand...standing at the very back of my cave after a good 8 hour sleep... fire roaring beside me

After seeing the hinterland team respond that there's nothing keeping you from leaving your nest "yet", yeah, I'm moving to the cave lol

My contemplation last night resulted in chickening out... so I'm at trailers by the dam.  I do have the flashlight but........really want to see how others are faring, I don't want to die... :(

IF I can make it to the camp office I'll go to Dave's quiet clearing. Have to wait til this evening to give it a try.

@stapeliad

if you feel like giving it a go.... safest way I have found... stay crouched..go behind the trailer closest to the bridge, down to the river aiming for the ridge..then climb the ridge between the railroad and the river and stay on it all the way to either Lake Overlook cave or the Camp Office.. I mean you got the flashlight... what could go wrong.... lol

That's a good idea, maybe I should go right to the cave up there.  Unfortunately I think I need to loot the camp office... but then again my loot in this game has been just awful so maybe I can skip it.... my main problem is, of course, food.  Well wolves, but... you know.

Crouching to that cave is going to take like 3 real-time hours...

anything I have read suggests wolves are rampant out on the lake but nosomuch around the camp office... you can easily sprint it from the ridge opposite it... I plan on going there tonight when I can play... I am going to need day 4 wood

Archived