Invisible Bear Unnamed Pond

MueckE

Like the title sais, the bear at Unnamed Pond in ML is invisible. I can clearly hear him, but not see him. He doesn't attack and can't be attacked. When i walk slowly next to him, i can hear how he is following me (without charging - just following) till he is right next to me, but nothing is happening. I lured him towards the lonley cabin because i thought he is just stuck below me in the "underworld" and will become visible in a diffrent area, but he didn't.

(Pilgrim, win7, 8GB, FX 6300, GT640)

Had the exact same problem.

I was down there with a fire next to the deer carcass, I hear the bear but can't see it. I work the deer, after maybe 1h the bear suddenly appears in front of me. It didn't care about my fire. (Custom Interloper, Linux, GTX780).

I thought: maybe he's got a patrolling path, when I arrived he was on a bugged one, and when the path reset, it appeared?

screen_141bfc93-cc4f-4da8-b7b5-58f36da9cd09.thumb.png.6f39e67084356bf22177520885cd272b.png

In case you missed my reference elsewhere, and it's helpful: in 4DON, upon leaving the ML Trapper's Cabin, I got the angry-sounds twice immediately upon exiting the door. One of them sounded like a growl to me (of a Wolf), but I could be wrong; the first was certainly Bear.

I thought it was a spooky 4DON effect, but maybe not.

Not a 4DoN effect no -- but it sounds like you ran into an audio issue with this location we've been wrestling with for a while.

We've seen cases where sometimes brief instances of audio such as wildlife noises will play as a Survivor exits that particular building. It seems to be related to how the area is loading, rather than an actual animal present nearby or under the terrain, so there shouldn't be any danger of animals popping up out of nowhere. (Unless they followed you there in the first place...)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived