Challenges

strongpelt

Ah! I just saw the post has some challenge info on it finally. Day 2 wolf pack!? Omg! I'm already terrified! Aurora scares me a bit too. 

Also... anyone know what happens if your ingame during a day change? Would you need to relaunch the game to do that days challenge or do you think it just updates in game? I'm asking cause the change happens 10pm my time, I get off work at 8pm. That's right in the middle of my gaming sessions usually. More towards the beginning. Just curious. 

Annnd back to the challenges! I'm so excited! This will be my first 4DON and it looks like a great year to try it out! Though I only play on Voyager for now, bit of a scardy wolf :wolf: slowly working my way up the difficulties. Something tells me this event might make me face my wolf fears in the game. 

Back to the wolf pack challenge... wondering if theres actually gonna be packs or if it's just a lot more wolves... and if there are packs... I wonder if we might see them coming to our normal game modes in the future. 

17 minutes ago, Jolan said:

I'm wondering if you have to keep the same survivor alive over 4 nights.  it would be a bummer to die at hour 2 plus 5 minutes and thus be out of the running for the 4 day badge. :)

I agree.  Hopefully you can start a new survivor and still earn the badges for the rest of the days.

7 minutes ago, Alonzo. said:

So if you die in day 1 after 3 hours and day 2 starts, you won't be able to get the badge anymore? :(

That's how I interpret it.  And if you consider that there is absolutely no wildlife at all during Day 1, to give us time to prepare, that certainly sounds like the difficulty is going to escalate sharply.  Loot your brains out while you can, I have a feeling we're gonna need it!

On 10/28/2018 at 7:05 AM, Alonzo. said:

So if you die in day 1 after 3 hours and day 2 starts, you won't be able to get the badge anymore? :(

You won't be able to get the Midnight Badge ( = survive all 4 days for at least 2 real-time hours per day).
But you can still get the Twilight Badge ( = survive any 2 days, not even necessarily in a row, for 2 real-time hours per day).

EDIT - An Update from the Team

The above statements were actually incorrect.
If you die in 4 Days of Night you can still earn both badges - as long as you play at least one 2 hour game a day. Your progress (towards the 2 hours a day) carries across multiple saves, as long as each day you have a 2-hour game.

Thank you

Archived