Looking forward to it!

hozz1235

On 10/22/2018 at 6:42 PM, morgellons said:

Now that the game is in full release, should we have more confidence our current saves won't be corrupted if we play 4DON than we did pre-release?

Its been in full release for as long as ive had the game 2 years at most

That time in 2016 I didn't like it much, I never went out at night anyway. This year I might give it another try, I really do like the idea, I just miss the beauty of daytime.

It's just a shame you can't stock up on food and firewood beforehand if it's separate from your regular save, but I guess that's part of the challenge.

Sounds like an awesome challenge! These will be my first 4DON, as I did not know about the game up to this year (even if I had known before I would have most likely bought it on console, so no 4DON back then from what I read).

Now, to bring forward a snag, Saturday Oct 27th at 11 pm PDT is Sunday Oct 28th at 7 am CET... which means not being able to play the event on Saturday night here in Europe - unfortunately, as it is usually one of the few spare nights that I can dedicate to my weekly gaming sessions. :(

I usually keep moving and visit every iconic location on each map as a way to sort of go "trick or treating". 

These mysterious challenges have piqued my interest and the prospect of badges has me sold! I dont care if there will ACTUALLY be 4000 wolves, I will get those patches!

7 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

just watched a 4DON from last year... as being on console this will be a first for me... one thing I noticed was that matches, when used as a light source seemed to burn extra long,... I hope that's actually a thing...

All light sources burned twice as long in the earlier versions of 4DON. Hopefully they keep that this year, it seems the event will be a little different this time, with different experience mode tunings every day or something.

4 hours ago, greatwhitegamer said:

So Raph, are you saying that when we click on "4DON" tab during 4DON, a special survival game mode made for 4DON will be ready for us to play?

From the HL Post in this thread:

"Dedicated Mode
This year, you can kick off Four Days of Night right from the Main Menu! "

On 10/23/2018 at 9:17 PM, Raphael van Lierop said:

The first year we did 4DON (2016?) we ran it in the existing Sandbox so it conflicted with people's ongoing saves, unless they created a new game during 4DON. That said, they got to keep all the loot afterwards too.

The second year we did 4DON (2017), we ran it in a separate branch, to saves were not compatible, i.e. there was no chance for save corruption.

This year 4DON is a completely separate game mode, and saves are not compatible between 4DON and normal Survival, or Story, etc. So zero chance for corruption again.

I.e. corruption hasn't been an issue in over 2 years, if it was ever an issue. We are very careful not to break people's saves.

NOOOOOO!!! Break my saves! I WANT PIE! Do you hear me? I want to sell it at the Quonset! let me use my 600+stalker run! I need it on my current game!!! I'LL TAKE THE CHANCE OF CORRUPTION!!!!

I NEED PIE! PIE! do you hear me????

PIIIIIIIIIEIEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee....

*looks left*

*Look right*

Okay. Serious time...

How much?

How much money for the pie?

I'm serious.

takemymoney.jpg.4a1d8d7d53906df81dded94192c07620.jpg

20 hours ago, TheEldritchGod said:

NOOOOOO!!! Break my saves! I WANT PIE! Do you hear me? I want to sell it at the Quonset! let me use my 600+stalker run! I need it on my current game!!! I'LL TAKE THE CHANCE OF CORRUPTION!!!!

I NEED PIE! PIE! do you hear me????

PIIIIIIIIIEIEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee....

*looks left*

*Look right*

Okay. Serious time...

How much?

How much money for the pie?

I'm serious.

takemymoney.jpg.4a1d8d7d53906df81dded94192c07620.jpg

Feeling the same!!!!! LOL

On 10/25/2018 at 1:03 AM, Hackfleisch said:

Btw can you play 4DON any number of times during the event, or do you only get one chance and you're out if you die?

If you want to unlock the badges, just make sure you use the same save throughout the whole event.

The Twilight Badge will be unlocked after surviving for 2 real-time hours per day on any 2 days of the event.
The Midnight Badge will be unlocked after surviving for 2 real-time hours per day on all 4 days of the event.

EDIT - An Update from the Team

The above statements were actually incorrect.
If you die in 4 Days of Night you can still earn both badges - as long as you play at least one 2 hour game a day. Your progress (towards the 2 hours a day) carries across multiple saves, as long as each day you have a 2-hour game.

Thank you

Archived