I'd like an explanation

elloco999

I think they have moved to the "As designed" forum because the developers know that there is a door in that house model that is only for decoration and they did that on purpose. They may just leave it that way (it might be a locked door that you can't open) or maybe it will lead to the basement in a future update.

Well, if it's a locked door it should say so and it should be possible to break it open. If I can break open a locked locker I should be able to break open an interior door.

If it's a door that's supposed to go somewhere but isn't right now, that's not as designed, but an known issue.

If it's intentional that there is a door that lead nowhere then please explain to me why. It doesn't make any sense. No architect would design a house with a door that leads nowhere. If the devs are not planning to make that door usable they should either have a good reason why it's there or remove it altogether and leave it a blank wall.

I'm not obsessed with the door, I'm annoyed with my report being moved to "by design" without an explanation.

Say you want to buy a new house, and there was a door that didn't go anywhere. And the broker told you it is "by design" with no further explanation, would you just think, o what the heck, I'll ignore it for now..?

Yes, it's obvious that they designed the house with a door. If they hadn't there wouldn't be a door... Using that logic, there are no bug in the game, since it's obviously all the way they made it thus it's all as designed.

If someone sees a floating house and reports a bug nobody thinks that's as designed. If I report a door that has no function, it's suddenly "well, that's meant to be". Why is it so hard to comprehend that it's might be they forgot to make the door do something? Or maybe they intended to have the door lead somewhere, but decided against it later and forgot to remove it. That's possible isn't it?

Yes, it's obvious that they designed the house with a door. If they hadn't there wouldn't be a door... Using that logic, there are no bug in the game, since it's obviously all the way they made it thus it's all as designed.

If someone sees a floating house and reports a bug nobody thinks that's as designed. If I report a door that has no function, it's suddenly "well, that's meant to be". Why is it so hard to comprehend that it's might be they forgot to make the door do something? Or maybe they intended to have the door lead somewhere, but decided against it later and forgot to remove it. That's possible isn't it?

yep that's possible but its CLEARLY not the case or they wouldn't have moved it

Holy crap . . . . It was moved to "By Design" because "By Design" should need no explanation. It was moved out of the Bug forum, because it ISNT a bug, and moved to where it was, because it acts the way it should do, and hence there is nothing wrong with it.

If I had of moved it, I would of written "By Design" but still no explanation as to why. You don't need to know why, its "by design", you just need to know that it isn't a bug, and having moved it to "by design" would explain that, I would of thought . . .

To me, it sounds like you want to have inside knowledge when there is no need for you too. Dev's don't have to explain to you why they made something the way they did, so using "by design", tells the player, that what you reported is how we intended it, so please don't loose any sleep over it :)

Holy crap . . . . It was moved to "By Design" because "By Design" should need no explanation. It was moved out of the Bug forum, because it ISNT a bug, and moved to where it was, because it acts the way it should do, and hence there is nothing wrong with it.

If I had of moved it, I would of written "By Design" but still no explanation as to why. You don't need to know why, its "by design", you just need to know that it isn't a bug, and having moved it to "by design" would explain that, I would of thought . . .

To me, it sounds like you want to have inside knowledge when there is no need for you too. Dev's don't have to explain to you why they made something the way they did, so using "by design", tells the player, that what you reported is how we intended it, so please don't loose any sleep over it :)

just make up something

ok OP, the door is actually supposed to take you to narnia in the final release :roll:

It was moved to "By Design" because "By Design" should need no explanation. It was moved out of the Bug forum, because it ISNT a bug, and moved to where it was, because it acts the way it should do, and hence there is nothing wrong with it.

Hypothetical situation: You go to buy a new car. You get in and see the driving wheel is on the left hand side, but the gas and brake pedals are on the right hand side. You ask the dealer what that's all about and he tells you "it's by design". You're response is "Oh, it's by design. That's all right than, I'll take it." Maybe it's me, but I wouldn't buy that car.

Just can't help it, this makes me think of a movie quote:

you-cant-handle-the-truth-meme-generator-you-want-the-truth-you-can-t-handle-the-truth-9789dd.jpg

Just replace "truth" with "why"

Just to make it clear, I get that the bug report is moved to by design because someone (not necessarily a dev) thinks it's not a bug and the door is working as it's intended to do. And I guess that to me it's very strange to have a non functioning door so I find it hard to accept that it is working as intended. But maybe Canadian houses often have this feature, I don't know. I guess I just want to know why there is a door that doesn't do anything, why someone would design it as such. But I guess that's "inside information"...

Well, I'm very sorry. I didn't know this information is on a need to know basis and that I apparently don't need to know...

No the devs don't have to explain anything to me, but this is a free world (well the part I live in anyway) so I can ask them to, can't I?

I was able to open the door. It took some time to figure out how...but, it's pretty cool in there. I won't spoil the surprise though.

If that's true, the door probably is working as designed and I get that they didn't want to elaborate on that. If this is the case, I'm very sorry I asked.

ok OP, the door is actually supposed to take you to narnia in the final release :roll:

Cool, I love Narnia!

Archived