My Name is Wendy, and Hello!

WendyMorgan3791

I've been playing The Long Dark since 2014, and I'm eighteen years old. While I've had a couple of gaps in my time playing, I'm pretty well-acquainted with the game's history and function. It's a surprise that I wished to join the forums so late, but there's a first for everything! I feel glad to be part of a community like this, and I look forward to spending time here. I live in the state of Kentucky, but unfortunately, I've lived in the city my entire life. That being said, I still get lots of time to enjoy the outdoors at my grandmother's, who lives in Salem, Indiana. I go hiking whenever I go up there, romping through the woods and using my field guides to identify flora and fauna along the way. During the winters, I help gather firewood for the wood-burning stove with my trusty hatchet, Gina, named after a dear friend of mine. I hope to study earth science in college and become a forest ranger up North, in Wisconsin, Minnesota, or if our politics proceed as they do for much longer, Manitoba. 

I'm glad to be a part of the community, and I hope to contribute thoughtful ideas and really be a part of something. Good luck way out there! :D

If you decide to take a shot at coming to Canada and want to romp through the woods, then Manitoba is not really your province. I think Manitoba has a tree, or maybe three ;). There's a good case to be made that the Forlorn Muskeg is a little bit of Manitoba transplanted into the Great Bear Island for a little exotic flavouring.

Depending on your cold tolerance, you'd be wanting to look at Ontario, New Brunswick, or British Columbia if you can't handle the arctic, or Nunavut/NWT if you can; lots of forest to be found in those provinces, and unlike Quebec you won't have to be fluent in French first.

For reference, in Winnipeg temperatures commonly achieve -60F in the wintertime, and Winnipeg (commonly referred to as Winterpeg in Canada) is in *southern* Manitoba. If you're from Kentucky, I'd not recommend trying to jump in the those areas feet first, maybe try BC or Ontario first. It's nutso cold in the middle of the country, and it'll take getting used to.

And welcome to the community; it's a good bunch of folks here and courtesy is the norm, not the exception. Have fun!

Archived