Wildlife Spawns.. Guaranteed or Naw?

fractalesque

I've tried searching around for a bit now within the forums and elsewhere on the internet, but can't seem to find an answer.. I'm looking for a Moose in Mystery Lake.. now, every sandbox I've done prior, there has a moose here, albeit only one, sometimes at Trappers, sometime's next to Allen's Cave along the creek, but I'm having no such luck this time around.. I've mapped probably 95% of ML region, but no sign of Moose anywhere..

Does TLD's probability roll on wildlife spawns really go to nil? or is it just for the moose? And to that end, what about bears (I did find one bear at Unnamed Pond so no problem there) ? I'm trying to go to Coastal Highway but really would like a satchel before I move. Not a huge deal if I need to move on without it, I'm sure I'll find one later, I've just been searching everywhere for the last few game days and doesn't seem to a Moose this time and now I'm curious.. Voyageur Difficultly BTW.

My current Stalker game, i killed my first moose next to Trapper's Cabin. I had already passed through that area of the map several times before i saw it. Got really lucky and took it down with one crit shot.

The only bear i saw was around unnamed pond. It's kinda scaring watching a bear charge you with only the hunting blind to shield you lol.

20180923010458_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what the spawn percentage is, but I do know the respawn rate is really long.  Minimum seems to be as long as it takes for their hide to cure, and I've had it take about a month and I've seen reports of 3 or 4 months.  They also spawn, mosey around a bit and then disappear - so if you don't happen to be in area when they spawn, it is possible that you simply miss them.  Have you seen moose sign at any of the 5 locations?

Archived