My first (and luckiest) interloper run!

greatwhitegamer

Hi there! This is @greatwhitegamer's interloper run story. Thought I'd share but I want to keep it brief. Sorry I cannot supply screenshots. Enjoy!

Day 1

Spawned on little island in DP. Made a beeline to the riken and found a can of peaches, fishing skill book, wind breaker and most importantly drum roll please! -------- A wool toque! How lucky!

On my way to Hibernia, I see old smokey bear coming around the corner, but I make it into Hibernia unscathed. I find a prybar, another wool toque B|, a sweatshirt, 24 wooden matches, archery skill book and other items I don't remember. I spend the night there and boil a little water. Wake up @ 100% condition and make a break for the ice.

Loot Katie's Secluded Shelf and find a scrumptious Pork and Beans. Make my way into the mine as a blizzard starts. Loot the one locker and make a run for my hands (85% frostbite risk!) to the lighthouse.

Make it there with 91% frostbite risk. Find peaches, stim, work gloves, and a sewing primer. Boil more water and sleep. Wake up at 76% condition. Will make my way to CH today.   

If you have any tips for me to make it out of DP safely, please comment below! Thanks for reading!

Don't leave yet. Go into the mines and gather coal, pick up all the scrap metal you come across, and go to the Riken and make arrowheads. Oh, you should find a heavy hammer in the workshop in the downstairs of Hibernia. Once you've got at least nine or a dozen arrowheads, then go to CH. Make sure you gather any and all saplings you find. Once they cure up, you can make bows and arrows (I prefer the outdoor work table at the Fishing Camp for this, but YMMV). Archery is frustrating at first, but in the long run it's definitely the best way to hunt. 

ETA: nine or a dozen arrowheads is a minimum... twenty or more is better.

9 hours ago, stratvox said:

Don't leave yet. Go into the mines and gather coal, pick up all the scrap metal you come across, and go to the Riken and make arrowheads. Oh, you should find a heavy hammer in the workshop in the downstairs of Hibernia. Once you've got at least nine or a dozen arrowheads, then go to CH. Make sure you gather any and all saplings you find. Once they cure up, you can make bows and arrows (I prefer the outdoor work table at the Fishing Camp for this, but YMMV). Archery is frustrating at first, but in the long run it's definitely the best way to hunt. 

ETA: nine or a dozen arrowheads is a minimum... twenty or more is better.

Unfortunately, I did not find a heavy hammer in Hibernia. I am currently picking all the coal and scrap metal I find. Even if I DID miss the hammer in Hibernia, I am NOT going back to that heck hole to check. I have not found a hacksaw either. I also have double flares and very worn torches. 

Updates will be posted in about 36 hours as of 9/27/2018. 

Good start!

Do gather coal in the mine but as others said, you won't find any hammer in DP. At least I don't know anyone who has.

When you leave the cave on the Crumbling Highway side, skip the fence and hug the rocks on your right as you go forward. You'll soon find a cave where you can catch your breath (and make a fire for warmth if needed). Continue this way and definitely watch out for wolves at all times, this map is usually swarming with them. Carry a torch, it can buy you time, and build a defensive fire when attacked. There's a group of burnt-out houses, one has a basement you may want to check out. If you do and wolves are around, it's a good idea to start a fire next to the entrance that will fend them off when you are leaving again. Then hug the rocks again on the right until you hit the highway and leave.

In CH, probably the best course is to follow the highway until you pass the Waterfront Cottages on your right - wolves might cut you off on the ice. Then I'd go turn left across the ice to Misanthrope's Island, your nearest safe shelter, but watch out again as it has a bear and a wolf circling around (and sometimes on) the island. Between the Lighthouse and Misanthrope's you have nowhere to sleep without a bedroll (well, except cars), so save your strength.

Dangerous places. Keep loping!

1 hour ago, greatwhitegamer said:

Even if I DID miss the hammer in Hibernia, I am NOT going back to that heck hole to check.

59 minutes ago, Drifter Man said:

as others said, you won't find any hammer in DP. At least I don't know anyone who has.

You didn't miss it, and nobody has ever found one there in interloper. It just doesn't happen.

@greatwhitegamer, best of luck!

Thanks @Drifter Man! Thats exactly what I needed! I have already used two matches to boil water, and I don't intend to use anymore until absolutely needed. When I reach CH, there will be so much toilet water I wont need to worry about H2O for awhile. Iv'e been thinking, should I try to loot the Coastal Townsite? I know theres alot of wolves there, but so much loot.. even in interloper.....

As I said, I will post an update to my run in about 2-3 days IRL time. Thanks, and Cheers! :coffee: 

9 hours ago, greatwhitegamer said:

Thanks @Drifter Man! Thats exactly what I needed! I have already used two matches to boil water, and I don't intend to use anymore until absolutely needed. When I reach CH, there will be so much toilet water I wont need to worry about H2O for awhile. Iv'e been thinking, should I try to loot the Coastal Townsite? I know theres alot of wolves there, but so much loot.. even in interloper.....

As I said, I will post an update to my run in about 2-3 days IRL time. Thanks, and Cheers! :coffee: 

IMO the Garage is loaded with toolboxes (the drawers, not the item) and there's a bed (+workbench), so if you're in need of a hammer why not. I think it's also a spawn spot for clothes like shirts/coats/boots? While approaching the garage, be ready to jump in any car as soon as you get barked at (and cars= matches). When you leave, exit crouched via the backdoor, towards uphill, and whisper a prayer to the Wolf gods. Uphill, you can find a trailer and then the Lookout.

• 4 weeks later...

hey... I just realized that I forgot about this story. Don't worry, I haven't continued the run yet (mostly because i'm too much of a afraid y cat). I plan to update soon, but not this weekend (Four Days of Night!) I will be posting a story on what happens to me during Four Days of Night, though. Thanks, and cheers! :coffee:

Archived