Celebrating Fans and Friends

Admin

5ba2a392e0d88_ShareTheLove.jpg.56978a1d86d1663cdc09866f7c46016a.jpg

Hello everyone,

What would a game be without a great community to support it? We think of this every day, and that's why we decided to share the love back, by putting some cool folks who have supported us in the spotlight this time.

Audio Journals

Working with Skybound Games, we selected player-written journals from our official forums - by community members @Bleys, Juhlhaus, and @mattyboi. Using The Long Dark game audio and screenshots, Skybound hired professional voice actors and produced these polished audio journals. Watch them below!

The Light Keeps Us Safe

Our friends at Big Robot (Sir, You Are Being Hunted; The Signal from Tölva) will soon be releasing their new game on Steam Early Access. It offers a blend of stealth and survival, with an intriguing sci-fi premise that should make fans of The Long Dark feel right at home: "the sky has flickered and gone out, the food is gone and the power can't last much longer". Their teaser trailer and official gameplay video can be found below. We strongly suggest you add it to your wishlist to keep an eye on it!

Be safe out there, Survivors of the Quiet Apocalypse.

- The Hinterland Team

Those are excellent! I especially like the first one, Desolation. Will you be doing this again any time? I appreciate that hiring voice actors and taking time to put videos together is not something you can do very frequently, but if it's likely to be repeated ever I might get writing! It's a great little format.

I'm personally not terribly interested in Sci-fi (or that kind of Sci-fi, anyway), but good luck to your friends at Big Robot.

Really enjoyed these videos. The visuals and the voice acting really brought the fan-fiction to life, made it part of my TLD world. 

Very nicely done, Hinterland. And very nicely done as well to each of the creators, whose stories were showcased in these videos. 

Very satisfying, indeed.

(And I have had "The Light Keeps Us Safe" on my Wish List since I saw Raph share the game in his Twitter feed. Really seems like a game I will enjoy, the way I enjoy playing Stalker as a stealth game in TLD. Looking forward to it going live on Steam.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived