Jolan

Cooking on Fire Barrels

Can't seem to cook or melt water on fire barrels now.  Anyone know if this is a feature or a glitch?

I'm putting this down  to glitch.  With the exception of baked beans which seem to snap fine, I'm having to look at the ground outside of the barrel to get things to snap into place.  Evidently others find you can crouch and slide, others find backing away works.

Could be pinnacle peaches are fine too, didn't have any to play with. :)

• Upvote 1

I've noticed lately I'm having trouble snapping pots to them as well - have to move it around til it does.

Thanks for your posts, everyone! We are  looking into reports of players having difficulty cooking on fire barrels.

As previous posters have mentioned, you'll know any items are placed correctly if they "snap" into place. Walking your survivor around a bit while in placement mode seems to help with this. 

• Upvote 1

If I slide the meat or can to the barrel at ground level it snaps into position on top of the barrel.

• Upvote 1

I've only had this issue in PV. I haven't noticed it anywhere else yet, and no issues with it at all in Wintermute. Looking at the bottom of the barrel snaps the item at the top on barrels with the issue.