Ability to roll back the game to stable working game versions via Steam beta tab

Thrasador

Kerbal Space Program is another example of a buggy(ier?) game released by a small(er?) Indy development team.

Their one saving grace though, is the ability to roll back their game version to multiple different stable releases via the Steam beta tab, and they don't force manadatory updating in order to launch their game via their .exe file.

Is it possible for this game to adopt a similar functionality?

This will give the devs time to hotfix and patch thier game until they get it right, while the rest of us have the option to play something "hopefully" stable and functional.....

I know GoG players get to not update the game if they don't wish to, and I understand PS4 and XBOX players might be SOL like I seem to be with the Steam version currently....but I feel like I'm being punished because I bought the game on Steam....

I'd love it just for when there is a bad patch that adds game breaking bugs....

Roll backs would allow you to play a working version of the game while you wait for the bugs to get patched and hotfixed...

This will also remove stress and anger directed at staff doing their best to patch the game as quickly as possible...

This suggestion is really a "no brainer."

Archived