Is This New?

Guest Gamer935

Guest Gamer935

And also I followed the sign and found a collapsed look tower and a supply cache I think that was there before though 

I got tricked into going up there very early into my 1st survival run, but not by the sign.  I saw the radio tower and, in the poor lighting at the time, mistook it for the lookout tower.   You can imagine my "WTF!?" moment when I got to the top.

Thankfully, I made it to the real tower before the subsequent blizzard could turn me into a corpse-scicle.

Guest Gamer935

Same I was tricked too as I was like I have seen the other watchtower what is still standing and i was like i dont remember this being here 

Guest Gamer935
12 minutes ago, Khan_Drichthyes said:

I've seen it before.  I think it was left all colorful to trick newcomers into thinking there was a tower they could seek shelter in.  ¬¬

:D I ain't a newcomer so it is even worse that I was tricked by it 

1 minute ago, Gamer935 said:

Same I was tricked too as I was like I have seen the other watchtower what is still standing and i was like i dont remember this being here 

At least you probably found a dead guy, a bit of wood, a bit of food, and a really big box with potentially cool stuff in it as a consolation prize!

6 minutes ago, Gamer935 said:

Yep I found it :)

I couldn't remember everything....it's been a while. I didn't even know there was anything up there at all for the longest time...

I started playing just after they tore down the old tower and built the new one. I always assumed the new tower must have been where the old one was....

I assumed they revised it or something...

I didn't realize the "new" tower.....the only tower I ever visited, was on a completely different mountain top, and that there was anything else to see.

I didn't know there was a second mountain to get to the top of....

I mean I guess they aern't really mountains per se.....pretty big hills....

Guest Gamer935

:D I actually haven't been to the standing tower yet its next on the list but I have seen gameplay of people in it using it as a main shelter 

That sign has been there as long as I can remember.  In a much earlier build of the game, that forestry lookout actually was still standing, and intact.  It was the only forestry lookout in Mystery Lake, at the time.  One of the releases added a second forestry lookout, and many players (myself included) were surprised to see that the original forestry lookout was now a collapsed ruin!

Guest Gamer935

I must not be that observant (something I really need to work on) as I played the game preview but still didn't see it :) and I just recently got the full game as been to busy and not enough money for it so i am very late to the game :D

1 minute ago, ajb1978 said:

That sign has been there as long as I can remember.  In a much earlier build of the game, that forestry lookout actually was still standing, and intact.  It was the only forestry lookout in Mystery Lake, at the time.  One of the releases added a second forestry lookout, and many players (myself included) were surprised to see that the original forestry lookout was now a collapsed ruin!

That was definitely before I joined up.  I started my first survivor run after getting Jeremiah's rifle fixed in Wintermute, Chapter 2; so I knew there was a tower in Mystery Lake.  I just got so lost from the random spawn that in a early morning haze, the radio tower looked like the lookout tower. 

I thought the sign was a picture of the sign for the "new" tower....

So the old missing tower has it's own sign too?

I don't remember the "new" tower's sign being very colorful.

I remember it being some gray sad looking thing....

I never saw the old tower's sign, because I believe I went up that mountain not from the beginning of the path. I went from one mountain to the other rather directly and dangerously....lol....

The intended paths in this game are windy and long....they waste calories and time.

I risk my ankles doing things improperly....

12 hours ago, Thrasador said:

I want to say it's "new-ish." 

I believe there was some type of sign there, but I don't remember it being that bright and colorful...

Yeah, the sign has always been there, but it had different art on it before. And i would have to dig through a few thousand screenshots I have saved on an external storage drive, to find one that shows the old image clearly. So... I'll post it sometime in the next year, if I find it and remember? 

Guest Gamer935
12 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Yeah, the sign has always been there, but it had different art on it before. And i would have to dig through a few thousand screenshots I have saved on an external storage drive, to find one that shows the old image clearly. So... I'll post it sometime in the next year, if I find it and remember? 

:D

Guest Gamer935
5 hours ago, Khan_Drichthyes said:

Delivery will be someday between Jan-2 and Mar-12.  Please have someone present for delivery between the hours of 8am and 9pm.:P

:D

Archived