Is it me or are the loot tables repeative?

JErosion

Ive restarted and died a few times. And Ive noticed I seems very often that when i enter house that are of a certain design, i will often find that same loot in other houses of the same model. On the coastal highway, in the blue house, if i find simple tools on the floor next to the stove I will find it in the other blue houses of that design. Likewise if i find a can opener on the stove in that same house, a can opener will be on the stove in the other. the only difference is the condition of the items found.

The same thing happens with the Hunting Knife, if i find one jammed into the top of a chester drawers I will often find hunting knives the same way in other houses of the same model. I've seen the same thing with Prybars behind the toliet in certain houses. Food loot is the same way, one game im finding repeats of Condensed Milk and Peanut butter. And this seems to be not limited to just the Coastal Highway. walk into the Lonely Cabin I found a Mariner's Pea Coat, move over to the closest set of cabins one of that has the same build as the lonely cabin has the Peacoat and a prybar on a bench. once i move on the other set of cabins I found the same thing Mariner's Peacoat and a prybar on the bench inside.

Has any of you noticing patterns like this? I want to say it wasn't that obvious before v.154, but i didn't get as many games in before the update

Yes, that's the case. First they have placed some visible items in the world and given them a probability (like the knife sticking out of every 3rd closet). All containers contain items from a loot table that get randomized when you enter the house. But it is the same table for all containers of this type.

I would suggest to HLS that there need to be way more options, because most of us already know all different spawns, and it seriously detracts from the game. In the long term they should get someone to place 100s of items in different places, instead of just a few.

I agree completely. There should be more and different items all over the place, but each with a much smaller chance of appearing. I'd also like to see different items spawn in the same place. Like in one game you will find a mariner's pea coat on the table, but the next game there will be a fleece sweater in that spot. And the next game there will be nothing, and maybe in the game after that it will be something completely different like a can of dog food. The same is true for the loot tables of the containers, the should be much larger.

But this is one issue where I feel it's right to remind everyone this is still an alpha... I doubt this is how the devs intend it to be for the final game.

Archived