Crazy Challenges/Weird Things you thought of doing

TheRealEBE

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffpeng

The wolf-pelt-highway-challenge:

To prevent anyone ever getting lost in a snow storm again, create a network of roads connecting points of interest in Mystery Lake (Camp Office, Trappers, Lookout, the Lonely Lake Cabin, the Hydro Dam, the Outhouse) using wolf pelts. 

Edited by jeffpeng

On 10/22/2018 at 12:30 AM, Sunwolf said:

I'm going to survive for, at a minimum, 200 days without ever having to poop.

ha ha ha, you got my laughing so hard...  reminded me of those week long winter scouting Jamboree camping trips we would go on back in the day.   Nobody wanted to go poop in the woods in subzero freezing temps.  Not that we had to worry about getting attacked by wolves on top of it. lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 5.11.2018 at 6:32 AM, jeffpeng said:

The wolf-pelt-highway-challenge:

To prevent anyone ever getting lost in a snow storm again, create a network of roads connecting points of interest in Mystery Lake (Camp Office, Trappers, Lookout, the Lonely Lake Cabin, the Hydro Dam, the Outhouse) using wolf pelts. 

Now this is as absurd as it is creative ;)

• Upvote 1

I love the story based part of TLD.

Since they firstly announced Episode 3 by December 18, I tried to bridge the time till December, trying to finish the challenge Hopeless Rescue without sleeping. After I got this, I tried to be under 24 hours. Now my target is to be under 20 hours. I failed so many times, but I am still sure if all components (weather, cloths, coffee, stims) are perfect, it is possible.

20181122220810_1.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps it's a bit silly, but it's based on the idea that Captain Janeway (Star Trek Voyager) is obsessed with coffee. Taken to the logical extreme, let's say she crash lands on a planet where the only food she trusts to consume is the most coffee-like substance. I would imagine that if all you can consume for calories is coffee then you would probably need to spend every day scouring the map for the stuff. I wonder how long someone could survive with Voyager style loot + rest as resource.

• Upvote 1

I actually wonder how much of an issue water would be if you were drinking enough coffee to not starve...

As for medicinal teas, I can't see a need for reishi tea (unless you can get food poisoning from low quality coffee) and I'm not sure about rose hips.

Given the basic premise, what do you think would make sense?

11 hours ago, LostCoyote said:

I actually wonder how much of an issue water would be if you were drinking enough coffee to not starve...

As for medicinal teas, I can't see a need for reishi tea (unless you can get food poisoning from low quality coffee) and I'm not sure about rose hips.

Given the basic premise, what do you think would make sense?

Only going off of coffee i think water would be necessary. Even on Voyager i think the starvation method would be necessary which means you would need plain water during the day and when you wake up. You might need Reishi if you get infected from a wolf bite. I suppose you could the water/coffee only and then do a wider liquid diet challenge separately. 

The need for water makes sense if it's impossible to gather the necessary calories in coffee each day. Do you think this is the case?

It seems like you could either rely only on painkillers and antibiotics (surviving off of the remnants of civilization) or go with the liquid diet approach. Both sound killer to me.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah with a only coffee approach, it wouldn't last long enough to worry about running out of pills. Perhaps on Pilgrim you can pull the starvation to two days instead of one since you won't have to worry about wolves or bad weather. If you have a good bed to sleep in and don't take any other damage, you can take the coffees when you are ready to recover that 36% you lost due to starving. 

• 5 months later...