Admin

Question Thread :: Milton Mailbag

21 hours ago, MikeV said:

feedback from the developers dead?

Raphael replied me on twitter, that he will start replying. However, he did no specify when. Maybe when they eventually release the rest of the story mode after several years.

21 minutes ago, Dum_Gen said:

Рафаэль ответил мне в твиттере, что он начнет отвечать. Однако он не уточнил, когда. Возможно, когда они в конце концов выпустят остальную часть режима истории через несколько лет.

bright prospects)

On 5/30/2019 at 1:29 AM, Admin said:

Please refrain from responding to other people's questions in this thread. This is only for questions for The Long Dark Creative Director. 

We want to keep this thread quick and easy for Raph to get questions from and not fill it up with debate, discussion or worse. 

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

We are looking at ways we can retool the Milton Mailbag to engage more players and a broader community. We’ve been very pleased with the questions asked and the opportunity to address many of them, but want to make sure we’re being as efficient as possible while doing so.

The Milton Mailbag is not our primary source of community feedback, and we continue to follow player discussion on our forums, the Steam forums and elsewhere online to get a sense of what you’re talking about, sharing and experiencing in The Long Dark.

We thank you for your patience as we decide how to move forward with this project (the Milton Mailbag).

Hi Ralph! :)

How do you, as a developer, treat a worker in your studio who was using illegal versions of games instead of buying legal versions of them,but stopped about doing this after he have joined your studio and he told you he was doing this,but stopped about this also what would be your reaction when he told you about that?

I don't mean any insult to you and your studio just questioning,but please don't give me any warning point according to this question.

Hi. I've always wondered where these doors lead.. Maybe someone will tell me. I think it's the basement door.

screen_82c40b4d-4647-44f2-b2c7-b8415c747db2.png

• Upvote 2

Howdy Raph!

In an earlier dispatch (dispatch #36 I believe), you said:

Hey! In general we don't have any gas-powered or electronic tools because one of the effects of the Aurora and the geomagnetic disaster underpinning the game and its fiction is that electrical/electronic stuff doesn't work...at least unless it's "animated" by the Aurora on some nights, and even then that is very unpredictable. This is part of why, for example, none of the cars in the game work, why there's no snowmobile, etc.

A while ago I posted a question about car heaters during auroras, and I came to the realization that if the power is back on (like during an aurora), why shouldn't you be able to start up a car? However you also said that the aurora is only part of the reason why things like that don't work. Would you mind telling us what it is, or is that just a part of the suspension of disbelief thing?

On 2/15/2020 at 2:12 PM, Moll said:

Why is this there, when Raphael doesnt bother anyway. I am glad i forced friends not to buy this game. You know, better safe than sorry.

Sounds like you haven't played the game or really understand that these aren't big company developers. They've given us a lot over the years and I believe they deserve a break. I just wish they'd tell us they'd be off for longer, though. Communication is important, no matter how you look at it.

On 2/15/2020 at 11:12 AM, Moll said:

Why is this there, when Raphael doesnt bother anyway. I am glad i forced friends not to buy this game. You know, better safe than sorry.

As previously noted (please read the thread to see if a question has been asked before posting) we are looking at ways to make the Milton Mailbag more effective and to broaden its reach within our player community. It's a valuable tool and we believe in communication with our players but also takes a great deal of Creative Director @Raphael van Lierop's time which is time he could be spending making The Long Dark.

The Milton Mailbag is not our primary source of community feedback, and we continue to follow player discussion on our forums, the Steam forums and elsewhere online to get a sense of what you’re talking about, sharing and experiencing in The Long Dark.

We thank you for your patience as we decide how to move forward with this project (the Milton Mailbag). However the point is valid, and rather than leaving this thread open to collect answers that currently have no place to be answered we will be locking it until we have decided how to proceed with the Milton Mailbag.

• Upvote 1