Admin

Question Thread :: Milton Mailbag

I notice TLD is around for many years which is uncomon for a non-online game. Is this a deliberate strategy to capitalize on a single game for many years with consequent updates instead of making multiple "single-shot" games like most companies do? Or it is something specific to TLD regarding the commitements made during the Kickstarter? Personnaly I think this strategy is very clever, capitalizing on the work done for a long time is a much better investment than starting from scratch every 2 or 3 years. Also, it makes the game more valuable, we feel the company comitted to it and this sorts of engages a loyalty from users too. Is a long-lived game in a market a short-lived games sustainable? Apparently it is for you, do you know other games going along the same path?

I'm glad that Raphael and Muecke sorted out the little misunderstanding/situation that happened with the last Milton mailbag. Alas, I'm left feeling that because of it the questions were answered in a slightly different way than how they could have been. Especially the first question got me excited because it is something I have been thinking about a lot myself. So let me try my hand at rephrasing it and submitting it here for a second consideration by Raphael:

How has Episode 3 changed with the addition of the new staff and equipment? Has it altered the story and content itself or is it just a different approach now, like how things are staged and presented?

Now, purely as an aside: The whole exchange really broke my heart. Even when reading the comment in the Question Thread I thought "Uh-oh, the question is exciting but this could have been worded better. Someone is going to get chewed up." From the user name I assume that Muecke is a fellow German, and we have a tendency to phrase things in a curt, not to say brusque way, when really we mean no harm. I can only imagine what it must be like for Raphael and the team to be under a constant barrage of demands and toxic commentary. Sometimes it feels like every third entry in the forums here and especially(!) elsewhere is a negative comment on how long releases have taken lately. Keeping that in mind the defensive tone of the answer was expected, but heartbreaking nonetheless. I'm glad you guys made up.

As a LD addict, I was wondering if you have any way for people to be more involved in the progress of the game. I know I'd volunteer my time to test the Switch version, check bugs, try and recreate reported bugs, etc. Just a thought that maybe there would be more people like me who would just love to be a part of helping the game grow and helping your team's dream become reality. ❤️

• Upvote 1

i really liked that one joke that will made about astrid being a "freelance doctor." just wondering if episode 3 will have any sarcastic or funny remarks in dialogue? or will it be really serious like the dialogue with grey mother and methusela?

before i die from hypothermia i hope i can die laughing too xD---and if there isn't i guess i'll just have to keep laughing at "can you eat trees?" lolll gets me every time!

another question, any plans on giving the ability to hang the bow kinda like you can with the rifle? not a big deal just wondering :)

Edited by thepatsbro
  • Upvote 1

Do you plan on adding anymore animals if so what animals do you plan on adding

All of the clocks are frozen at 3:38, presumably the time the geomagnetic event occurred. Every time I see one of the clocks in The Long Dark, I wonder... does this specific time hold a certain significance for you? I have many guesses as to what it might be, but they are probably all wrong. 

I've never seen this asked before, but I've always been curious. Thanks for creating my favorite game of all time!

Hello again, I have recently started to read a bunch of Gary Paulsen books on his stories of experiences with surviving in the wilderness... 

I bet you are extremely busy with everything on the go but I am truely wondering if you have ever enjoyed one of his books?

Currently I'm reading Brian's Winter and the vibe and overall setting has that Long Dark feel.

I really hope all you survivors consider looking into his books if you haven't already! 

I suggest Hatchet and/or the rest of the Brian series.

Guts and Woodsong are other great ones, telling of true events that helped shaped his fictional survival stories about Brian.

Could possibly spark some more ideas for this absolutely legendary game!

Stay warm and safe out there:fire:

20190917_215936.jpg