Admin

Question Thread :: Milton Mailbag

So much talk of animals and such, but I find myself thinking of additional weather/environmental challenges: Would love moon phases with corresponding varied light at night &/or option for nights to grow longer/days shorter as the weeks progressed like IRL seasons... Perhaps reward of longer days once pass 180 days or so or plants/fungi respawning as the year cycled round again for marathon players.

• Upvote 3

are there any planned animations overhaul to be well animated game like RE7?

On 7/4/2018 at 4:42 PM, Skelegutplays said:

Will there ever be any female deer/moose and if yes will female deer have less meat??

And without anthler 

With the semi new addition of the Moose Skin Jacket are we ever gonna see something more with craftable clothing like Coon caps or something you can put in the accessories?

if episode 3 will be totally played in PV, where was going to lead that tunnel in milton where astrid passed ?

there will be no "black rock" region in game?

At the beggining of episode 1, Will drags out the broken shard from his hand. Then there's the section with memories. After this section ends, he drags the shard out again. Why is this happening? Is this a bug or did I understand this incorrectly?

Thought of maybe adding like a rabbit's foot? Possibly adding more luck to catching fish or even finding good gear in unsearched areas?

:rabbit:

You said about more frequent updates in 2019? Approximately how many of them are expected to be released in 2019? And it is already 4th month, and has not been, I am very nervous...

PS: I'm waiting The Hunted: Part 3, if it doesn't come this year, I'll get this hairy monster straight to you, Raph =)))

• Upvote 1

Okay i don't know if this is only me, but I was playing yesterday, and in the very early morning my character woke up and i went outside. I kept hearing a sound i've never heard before in the game. It sounded like a plane flying overhead, but there wasn't anything above me yet the sound was very loud. (this wasn't during an aurora and I was in crumbling highway; definitely did not mistake the sound for not just being the waves from the ocean) I even have a clip of it and and you can definitely hear this weird sound.  Was this purposely put in the game or is it some type of glitch possibly on my end?

Thought about adding specific feats that only temporarily unlock for a specific game? Similar to buffs you get, you do the right thing during your survival mode, or you prioritize your time in doing something and you get a semi-permanent bonus for the rest of that saved game, but you don't have it for any other and have to do the work all over again. 

You mentioned reworking rifle aiming. I understand there was a decision to zoom the iron sights much closer to the camera to help visibility (especially for consoles), but the animation also now just pulls the rifle back towards the camera in an uninteresting motion now. I liked how the rifle used to push forward a bit before being shouldered as it made it look like the character was preventing the stock from getting caught on their coat's armpits (A real issue I've experienced while shooting in Winter).

Its been a long time since it was removed and I understand if you don't remember but was this small detail with aiming intentional? Is there a chance we could see it again?

Also, does the tall grass currently affect whether animals see you or not?

• Upvote 1

I've realized just now that I can see my breath in caves where the temperature is 20c, which doesn't seem right since I definitely can't see my breath on nice days in the real world.  Is this a bug or an oversight?  Also, why are there drawers below the sinks in the bathrooms?  I don't know how you could get plumbing to work with sliding drawers.  

• Upvote 1

In Episode 3 will we play with Astrid since the plane crash in Milton or will the episode begin in Pleasant Valley?

If we're going to start episode 3 currently in the valley, will there at least be a intro movie showing how she got there?

• Upvote 1

After Redux and its many exciting additions to the story I have been walking around survival mode with my eyes trained a little bit more towards story clues. Donning my P.I. hat in Milton has recently brought the following factoid to my attention: of the headstones in the cemetery, the three with both name and dates visible seem to mark the graves of young women, including Grey Mother's daughter. Now of course my brain went into overdrive, making up stories, going as far as imagining an ancient virgin-sacrificing cult on Great Bear.

Care to comment? If you want to avoid spoilers (please do) then maybe at least you could say if the reasons are story related or something out of the real world.

Posted (edited)

In the March dev diary you've mentioned the team is hard at work on a new region for survival mode but it most likely would not be ready for the forthcoming update. Can you confirm we won't have the new region when the update drops or can I still maintain a sliver of hope it might come in this update? 

I'm already pretty happy with the prospect of a revolver, new clothing and food item BTW. Anything else would be a major plus. 

Edited by Dan_

Beachcombing is a common practice among some players who collect items that appear on the shoreline of coastal regions.

My questions are:

1° - These items have a reason to be there or were it just introduced to help players who have already exhausted all nonrenewable resources?

2° - If there is a story behind these items, where did it come from? Had it come from the mainland? Or from some plane that fell into the sea because of The Flare? Or even from the ships going south described by Barbara Quincy in the buffer memory BARBARA.doc at Quonset Garage?

3° - By the way, have these ships made it to the mainland?

Posted (edited)

1- Will TLD system requirement change in the future ?

2- Do we get animation for things like starting fire , harvesting carcass in survival mode ? ( like the one in story mode when Will cut a deer carcass in crash site )

3- I remember when there was a list about upcoming things That might added to game named " Roadmap ". What happaned for it ? I searched for it and couldn't find it. 

4- Will you add more "Color"  to the environment ? Like Why all the mountain in game are dark blue ? 🤔

Thanks 🙂

Edited by alone sniper

Don't think a revolver adds to survivability, but 'due to popular request' I understand.

Animations is a Big Thing, imagine wildlife not turning on a dime.. (AI might need a tweak where deer don't run towards you..)

Wolves listening after they hear a sound actually has an impact, it makes me hold my breath! Rabbits atm not so much :) 

Just keep it Hardcore Survival please!

No question, just circling back on something from Mailbag 26. @JeremiahJohnson asked about adding thunderstorms to the game, to which you responded that you had not heard of thunderstorms in the winter.

Well, thundersnow is definitely a thing!  It's rare and requires rather specific conditions to occur, but it does happen.  More frequently by the Great Lakes, but hypothetically there's nothing stopping it from happening over Vancouver Island...or Great Bear for that matter.  And it's one heck of a wake up call, especially at night the way the lightning reflects off the falling snow.  It's like a bomb going off in the sky.

• Upvote 2

I was in Coastal Highway, in that fishing hut near fishing camp, waiting for an aurora when I saw something that caught my eye. I've seen a set of stars that I know very well since I was a child because it's one of the most famous constellations in Southern Hemisphere, the Crux (aka Southern Cross). Image 1 shows what I saw in the game and image 2 shows the Southern Cross in the sky.

cruzeiro.thumb.jpg.c175d1962c6add50612bd9d002902f44.jpgInkedcruzeiro-do-sul-constelacao-8_LI.jpg.aa8121c5b0490f436a16a80181330679.jpg

My question is: Is it really the Crux constellation what I saw in the game or just a huge coincidence?

• Upvote 1

It was said in the last Dev Diary that Episode Three was reduced from three to only one region. Could you tell us what are the other two regions in wich Episode Three would happen before the change? Just for curiosity 😁

It was also said that Pleasant Valley is being updated for Episode Three. Will this region update be available for Survival Mode before Episode Three?

Hey, Raph!

Where and where does the railway go on the Island? Can you share some sample information? Will we ever see the entire route of the railway from the beginning to the end in the game?

I know, I keep asking. I also know y'all are EXTREMELY busy with Story and Survival mode updates. I have logged the first two episodes of the "Signal Hill Podcast", which features various post-apocalyptic or similar topics picked by Raphael and Patrick. I was hoping to see a new episode when time permits. Is there any interest in another episode? I do enjoy listening to them and would love to see more of them in the future!

Thanks for your time,

Joey.