My attempt at interloper

Doc Feral

I decided to try interloper. I was dumped in Pleasant Valley at night near some waterfall. I started running downstream until I found a bridge, then I climbed up and started to run in a random direction hoping to find some building. I got ambushed by a wolf which ate EVERY SINGLE CLOTHING ITEM (it looked like some sick hentai where the wolf is not just a wolf but some horny oni) I had. Miraculously surviving with no blood loss but two sprained ankles I started staggering in the same random direction (or so I think, it's easy to forget where you're heading when a wolf attacks you and makes you spin, and in the dark tracks are moderately useful). I made it to the farm. Went to the basement, opened some useless container, went into the farm, opened some more. After harvesting all my once-were-clothes and wearing a sweater and a pair of socks I've found I rested to get rid of three frostbite risks and the two sprains. I smashed some canned food I found in the kitchen, repaired the clothes I'v found with a sewing kit, read a book about fires and decided it was time to spend the night, since my condition was less than 30.

The second day I woke up heavily starved, but at least there was light. I headed to the barn. I passed by a deer carcass and left it there, having no means to light a fire and no blade. I made it into the darkest place in all Great Bear with just two frostbite risks, found a tool box and before I managed to find the truck doors I died from starvation and hypothermia.

I think Interloper isn't worth the effort, at the moment.

Argh - feel the pain. Sounds like my first attempt. Try again - without the first attack you would be far better off. Wolf attacks are  deadly at the very start. 

There's a perma match spawn in the Farmhouse Basement and (I find) always clothes in the washer/dryer. Remember cattails and move-move-move are your friend in early days.

Back on the horse :)

I just tried Interloper for the first time, this morning.  I spawned in the exact same spot, but made it to the farmhouse without getting attacked.  I did find some matches, but can't remember where.  No dice on knives or hatchets, sadly.  I did find a hacksaw, though.

There was enough food to keep me going until the next day, so I did get the 24hr achievement.  A blizzard kept me from venturing out until the late afternoon.  I took that time to go back to some deer carcasses I passed.  While I was able to get some food from them, the cold set in too much and I wasn't able to make it back to the homestead.   I think I survived about 36 hours.

@Khan_Drichthyes oh come now Mr Khan, surely you know there's no rifle either! Your not going to need it to survive the wild because you're going to BECOME the wild. Stick with it, because once you get half as comfortablly established in Interloper as you did on easier modes, you're going to feel 50 times more satisfied.

Some advice: have a plan, pick up sticks as you move, move on quickly hitting high quality loot locations, pick up sticks. Light fires and boil water while harvesting, pick up sticks, collect cattails when you see them and don't give up. Did I mention pick up sticks? Seriously, you can beat interloper early game with some matches, a hacksaw and a big pile of sticks. Good luck. 

P.s. if you spawn at nightfall just restart. Why punish yourself!?

I died of thirst my first Interloper, the day it was released, because I never found matches or another firestarter.  No one knew the static spawns yet, or even that there were  static spawns.  Same spawn as Doc Feral in PV, except I went around the edge of the map searching all the corpses and 'classic' loots spots: Three strikes, Skeeter Ridge cave and basedment, Point of Disagreement, the abandoned cache, Mystic River cave.  It finally dawned on me to go for the toilet water at the farmhouse, but I died before I got there.

So now I just beeline for the farmhouse and ignore the rest of PV.  Tbh I'd prefer matches to be more random since it's not very engaging to find matches once you know the handful of places they can appear.  I'd prefer to loot almost used-up packs with only one to three matches, but find them in more places.  It would bring back some of the looting excitement from the other game modes.

Yep some join the fun for the night only. Like, the Shortwave wolf turns into two Shortwave wolves, and the Bunkhouses Trio into Bunkhouses Quartet. It's evil.

Raphael downplays alleged crossover between him and Will Mackenzie in the latest Mailbag, but I actually suspect a much more sinister crossover with some other dwellers on the Great Bear.

Archived