TLD youtube series with in character commentary

Hello community,

After I've started playing the long dark, I ended up watching quite a few Let's Plays on video service Youtube. I quite liked Graystillplays (although he is one speedy conversationalist) and loved the stuff of @Hadrian (I know he's around somewhere). Both Gray and Hadrian were fun enough to watch complete series. So, if you needed any tips. Hadrian is particularly cool because of his fantastic cliffhangers and for commenting on "Mark" and "Jennifer" (the voice actors involved).

Lately, I have been on the lookout for something in particular. Not a Let's Play with player commentary as with Hadrian but a particular Let's Play with the player doing improvised voice acting as if the 'voice'  of the player is speaking in character. So would the movement. So... less instructions and more story building (as do most of us). I feel immersion increases when you actively add your own story to a survival playthrough. I noticed there are a few tricks to make moving through the regions less game-like and more natural. I am thinking of doing one myself (which would be totally the first time) but I was guessing this would have been done before by someone else.

Just make sure you let your neighbors know you're doing this, if you intend to voice-act a bear mauling with screams and such.  I was recording some angry dialogue for a flash collab like...whew probably 15 years ago or so, and the neighbors called the police.  They legit thought it was a domestic disturbance.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/8/2018 at 6:15 PM, Luciën said:

Hello community,

After I've started playing the long dark, I ended up watching quite a few Let's Plays on video service Youtube. I quite liked Graystillplays (although he is one speedy conversationalist) and loved the stuff of @Hadrian (I know he's around somewhere). Both Gray and Hadrian were fun enough to watch complete series. So, if you needed any tips. Hadrian is particularly cool because of his fantastic cliffhangers and for commenting on "Mark" and "Jennifer" (the voice actors involved).

Lately, I have been on the lookout for something in particular. Not a Let's Play with player commentary as with Hadrian but a particular Let's Play with the player doing improvised voice acting as if the 'voice'  of the player is speaking in character. So would the movement. So... less instructions and more story building (as do most of us). I feel immersion increases when you actively add your own story to a survival playthrough. I noticed there are a few tricks to make moving through the regions less game-like and more natural. I am thinking of doing one myself (which would be totally the first time) but I was guessing this would have been done before by someone else.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread... but I would absolutely LOVE something like this. Did anyone end up doing this?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure, but I didn't. Although it would still rock, I agree. I guess I could give it a try.
I would be most easy doing it in Dutch though as it is my mother tongue.

I guess desperation sounds the same in any language!