Sorta Experienced player attempts interloper, (PART 2)

FunkyFuggerson

DAY 6, More bunny slaughtering

Heres just the rundown of what happened today.

• Wolf near the base of the island so I have to be careful with rabbit corpse stench.
  • Forgot to put clothing on and spent day naked
  • Smashed four bunnies in the face with rocks and got there meat, fur, and guts
  • Avoided wolf attack
  • Started fire and boiled and cooked well into the night. 

Dka2QC9VAAAHSs0.jpg

Looks as if I won't be heading back to bear creek for the guts and pelts. Planning on heading over to the PV and CH mine connector for an emergency stim. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FunkyFuggerson said:

Well actually going to be using the cattails to save on canned food.

Just curious - why would one eat cattails to save canned food? I preferentially get rid of all food I find (except salty crackers, which are super light and last forever) before cattails.

3 hours ago, FunkyFuggerson said:

Forgot to put clothing on and spent day naked

A common interloper problem :D

1 minute ago, Drifter Man said:

Just curious - why would one eat cattails to save canned food? I preferentially get rid of all food I find (except salty crackers, which are super light and last forever) before cattails.

I always like to use my cattails as traveling food, or as an emergency snack, whilst I use man made food for sleeping, Or I just bring some if i'm going to be spending a day at a location. But usually all my food dries up so then the cattails are there to back me up if I don't have a bow. 

16 hours ago, FunkyFuggerson said:

Forgot to put clothing on and spent day naked

If I had a wool toque for every time I've done this, I'd never run out of hats.  I always take off as much clothing as I can before sleeping to hopefully make it last a little longer.  Then I'll be occupied with something in the morning and head outside, wondering why I'm instantly freezing.

I typically consume food in order of lowest calories per kg, so canned stuff first (pretty heavy if you have a lot of them).  Cattails and I think granola bars and candy bars are the same - whichever of the bars are 300 calories.  Then jerky, then salty crackers.  Those two last forever and are the most calories for the least carrying weight.

Back on day 1 when you visited the wolf's cave in Desolation Point and didn't find the corpse - when that happens, he's down below, in the wolf's area.  If you enter the cave in one of the rare times when the wolf isn't there, you can go into that lower section and find the corpse and loot down there if it's not on top.  The only times I've found a bedroll in the cave is when the corpse is up top.  I don't know if it can spawn if the body has fallen down into the lower area.  Be careful if you go into the lower area when the wolf is not there - if you do something that passes the time, like harvesting a carcass, the wolf can appear.

15 hours ago, FunkyFuggerson said:

I always like to use my cattails as traveling food, or as an emergency snack, whilst I use man made food for sleeping, Or I just bring some if i'm going to be spending a day at a location. But usually all my food dries up so then the cattails are there to back me up if I don't have a bow. 

Ah, in that case we prioritize the same way. Also like @MrWolf, I eat low-calorie-per-kg and perishable things first. Mainly things like Pinnacle Peaches or tomato soup. I save cattails for travelling and crackers as emergency reserve that is always with me.

DAY 7-9, Blizzards Galore

As I awoke after day six I was greeted with a blizzard which lasted almost the entire day. I smashed the remaining furniture in the living room and stepped outside. 

image.thumb.png.fc988e55fddff1b32ffe0bf24bafbbfa.png

With barely any time left in the day I just spend it getting sticks. But when I dose off i'm greeted yet again with another blizzard, this one lasting all day. So I just accept my fate and smash more furniture until it's time for bed. When I wake up the weather is finally still and silent, I head down onto the ice and it starts to snow. 

"No, NO PLEASE!" I cry out in a desperate sob.

"Muahahahah! Pitiful mortal, I will break your fragile body and mind!" Howled Coastal Highway

"PLEASE I BEG OF THEE" I pleaded in a desperate and hopeless attempt at survival

But Coastal Highway did not listen he blasted the air will a gust of wind so frozen it would petrify all in its way. 

I crawled feebly back up the island, regretting my very own existence. Once again, this world beats me. 

image.thumb.png.d065c966e44eccf3e3b466d2db10a3ea.png

At this rate i'm going to contract freaking cabin fever from all these blizzards. I know that this is interloper, but i've been to Timberwolf mountain and It has less blizzards then this. Or act least the blizzards are separated evenly throughout the week! This is just getting ridiculous, I mean, ive actually run out of thing's to destroy in my house!

image.thumb.png.f90cb80ba3f5bdbb0b222d75de88abb5.png

This was taken earlier yesterday, but still! Look at how much reclaimed wood I have piled up in that corner. Well as the the hours of harsh wind outside continued on I sat on my bed passing time. Finally at the end of the day the blizzard blows out and i'm free to go outside. 

image.thumb.png.5c15d8c7f8151a76b0e25a9e08bbaa4a.png

But just like the idiot I am I forgot to put on clothes AGAIN! Man dude, i'm just a mess aren't I? From now on I vow to always check weather or not I have clothing before I step outside. Since I don't have much time left i'm going to check out some fishing huts and then the misanthropes homestead. But just like the weather all of the places I checked out were Sad and disappointing, but I did find another wool toque in a fishing hut. The misanthropes homestead had some food and antiseptic but that was it. Tomorrow if a blizzard doesn't roll in and kill all my hopes and dreams I will be heading out to the cinder hills coal mine. If the weather is crappy but not blizzard crappy then ill just check out the ice fishing huts and perhaps the coastal townsite houses. 

EDIT: I just realized I might not be finding a sewing kit, so ill probably just resort to fishing tackle instead.

DAY 10, Soda and Carelessness

As my guts and pelts cure, I set my sights on the cinder hills coal mine. Mostly for two reason

1. Emergency stim
  2. A workbench

Why this workbench to craft at? Well the fishing village one is exposed to the elements and usually that's not a problem. The weather in CH sucks monkey butt and your always berated with blizzards and fog. So unless I have some good clothing and good weather that place is out of the question. The Quonset's workbench is smack dab in the middle of wolf central! So the coal mines workbench will have to suffice for now. As I make my trek towards the rabbit grove to pick up my cured gut and pelt I left there I find this in the snow. 

image.thumb.png.99f36184ff3a48be17ca2ff12f49f257.png

Well isn't that a find eh? Just some random soda in the snow by the fishing village. I pick it up and make my way up to the rabbit grove, the weather is practically a blizzard so I decide to take my clothing off, this would turn out to be an almost fatal mistake in the future. I decide to hunt a bunny so I can have something to do whilst I wait for the blizzard to pass. But as I step inside and harvest the corpse I step outside to drop the meat and well when I get back inside I realize something almost to late.

image.thumb.png.c579a4a5f0dc1a62dd53ac01bdab19d4.png

Now, i've never taken an IQ test, but if I did i'm confident it would be under 35 points. I rush on all my clothing and manage to just barely not contract hypothermia. My own idiocy and forgetfulness almost led to my demise at the hands of hypothermia. That 99% save! Well needless to say I spent a good portion passing time in that cabin. Once it almost diminished I stepped outside, and the bad weather seems to have cleared. I head up to the trailer by train unloading planning to stay the night. I find a pry bar outside which isn't that useful but its higher quality then mine so I suppose ill leave one here. 

image.thumb.png.755aedd19e31a74cdddb0cdbe202f1f7.png

A close call, perhaps the closest call i've ever had. 

DAY 11, Cinder Hills.

After yesterday's kerfuffle I very carefully made sure to slip on my clothing again once I woke up. When I got outside I made sure to climb the rock face and land down into a small area with a snug cabin and plenty of wild forage around. 

image.thumb.png.672010caf7befb70c22183a00611dee5.png

Man i'm finding so much birch saplings yet I have no way to chop them :( I picked the mushrooms and rose hips and warmed up in the cabin. No sewing kit in here, and probably none in the mine. But good thing I thought ahead and brought some gut and scrap for fishing tackle. I headed towards the mine stopping in a trailer, the windy weather soon turned into fog. I made my way up towards the mine, lighting my lantern I step inside. 

image.thumb.png.e084b5a01d52accf4d55184e69ae7b72.png

But as I made my way down to the area were the emergency stim is located, it wasn't there! 

image.thumb.png.a984a5fca4ff23694a2fc2be4da23ab0.png

DAAAAARN YOOOU FUALTY MEMORY. Oh well, I act least I have the workbench to look forward to. When I whipped out my torch to start a fire I tried to place one but I was met with this!

image.thumb.png.aea10041f7cd4c78e23cef429e3ed115.png

THIS IS A MINE, GRANTED THAT THERE IS A DOOR, BUT THAT DOOR IS A LOOSE GATE DOOR WITH HOLES. Well, suppose I can try and get the most out of my match :/ But while crafting some fishing tackle it goes out but I continue to craft. I test this out once more and it seems I am able to craft without the need of light in the mines! All in all I manage to craft about 4 fishing tackle, enough to repair the rags I call clothing. So once I make my way back to jackrabbit island I do some repairs. And finally I have some sort of decent warmth. 

image.thumb.png.cc2e82eefe595ca3b5c79cc3a90d3e9c.png

Tomorrow I plan to boil a bunch of water then the next day head out and craft some mitts!  

Great read. Can you confirm you can craft without light in the mine? I think there is a bug that when you start crafting with a light source (any light source, including a match), you'll finish that crafting session even if after the light goes out.

I've never heard of anybody actually using that crafting table, but with the recent "adjustments" to weather in CH the workbench at the Fishing Camp is not much of an option.

1 hour ago, Drifter Man said:

Great read. Can you confirm you can craft without light in the mine? I think there is a bug that when you start crafting with a light source (any light source, including a match), you'll finish that crafting session even if after the light goes out.

I've never heard of anybody actually using that crafting table, but with the recent "adjustments" to weather in CH the workbench at the Fishing Camp is not much of an option.

Ill do that! And if I for some reason can't and it is actually a bug then im probably going to just use the glitch, I really need those mitts! 

I'm just catching up on my reading after a busy weekend --this has been a fun read!  Sorry to hear about your last demise @FunkyFuggerson.  But it seems you've rolled another lucky one -- boots and a scarf in a safe?  I think the best I've ever gotten in Interloper is a can of pork and beans.  :(

So many great pics from your latest adventure!  Too bad some of them aren't showing up -- I'm sure those were great also.  Some favorites:

On 8/10/2018 at 2:18 PM, FunkyFuggerson said:

image.thumb.png.60d0232ffc5c9f5b0244aa2ca2700ee1.png

Every time some Interloper says they didn't find matches in Hibernia I think to myself, "did you look under the book on the desk?"  This picture shows how easy it is to miss those matches in the dark. (I always pick up the book first, and then search for/with the white dot on the desk to find them.)

19 hours ago, FunkyFuggerson said:

image.thumb.png.d065c966e44eccf3e3b466d2db10a3ea.png

Beautiful shot.  I guess I view blizzards very differently: a golden opportunity for predator-free travel.  I've actually never met a wolf or bear when I exit a building or loading screen cave/mine into a blizzard.  There's some risk without the loading screen, but not much tbh.  I use blizzards to move meat back to base, and travel through wolf-infested areas like crumbling highway and the coastal wolfsite (tm @Drifter Man).  Naked.  It's not like clothing will prevent freezing for more than seconds, so why let the wind tear it up?  I have to keep an eye on hypothermia and frostbite, of course, but it's a very useful tactic if you're confident you can find your way to the next warm shelter.

20 hours ago, FunkyFuggerson said:

But just like the idiot I am I forgot to put on clothes AGAIN!

I might be in the minority but I don't take my clothes off to sleep... it just seems like a major pain for minor advantage.  Wind damage is pretty real, so I do take them off for blizzards, and sometimes when I'm outside doing chores at a warm fire. 

3 hours ago, Drifter Man said:

Can you confirm you can craft without light in the mine?

I haven't tested recently, but I've used a mine workbench as my primary crafting spot in several sandboxes.  Just like other interior workbenches you can craft during the day without supplementary light.

Great thread @FunkyFuggerson!

DAY 12, Fishing Hut Fishing Adventure

image.thumb.png.ad54773f7b8e83f08e8b090aec905e37.png

What a fine day to go over to cinder hills to do some crafting! Well to bad, we have to boil water >:( While missing out on some good weather to go on a crafting trip i'm is a little disheartening water is more important then clothing in this game. I head down onto the ice and decide to take advantage of the nice weather to loot some fishing huts. I find nothing but cloth and tinder, but what did you expect, good loot on interloper? A wolf dissuades me from heading over to the last 2 fishing huts. So instead I head over to the one in between both islands and start a fire. I forgot a torch but I have a fire striker and a book so after 1 failed attempt I start a fire. I begin to boil water and craft up some prepared rose hips and mushrooms. But once I do that I decide to use some of my fishing tackle to go fishing! I got really lucky and 3 times of of 4 attempts I caught a Coho salmon! 

image.thumb.png.d0f4199e2c844a499ee21053404f4567.png

I cook the up but the weather outside is getting nasty. So I boil more water, more water, even moooore water. Sadly by the end of it I only get around 7 liters since i'm only using 1 tin can. Then only area's I know of were a pot can spawn is the camp office, the trappers homestead, and the pleasant valley farmstead, (I assumed the last one because i'm confident one would be there since it is such a prime looting location.) Once night fall's and the weather calms down I boil my last can of water and head out back to jackrabbit. 

image.thumb.png.e64c9d3ba77e2195a56c4dca210a3145.png

The three salmon will be quite useful as I am rapidly running out of food. So these 3 fish will last me about 3 nights, granted I might have to eat a cattail stalk or two to bump my calories up to the place the need to be so I can get a good sleep. 

image.thumb.png.49d81c1addfcdc5c68414493d78b4b53.png

A starry night, perhaps a good omen of things to come?

DAY 12, Sticks.

Well the weather did not turn out as favorably as yesterday's so now I have a blizzard-ish sort of weather to deal with. All I did today was read my fishing skill book all the way, leveling up my skill. Then I broke down branches in my front yard for the rest of the day. 

image.thumb.png.37f417346533c64337304a0c90af9d64.pngDkktKz_UwAApwiL.jpgIve decided my oven will be my designated stick drop-off box. 

DAY 13, Bunny Mittens :rabbit:

As I step outside the weather is perfect, almost to perfect, and to quite...

image.thumb.png.3f2d1ec1c8d2546bfa5377c58a4b4277.png

I head down towards to log sort, avoiding a wolf pack by the logs. I head up the trail to the cinder hills mine, I climb up more and more. Rounding a corner I hesitantly watch out for wolves. When I check my inventory I realize I forgot my coho salmon, darn! 

image.thumb.png.1d48b23d027a56e735c1988b44c3ad24.png

Well it's to late to go back now, I will just have to subside on the pork N' beans and the cattails. I stop in the trailer by the mine so I can save my game. I head back up the trail and enter the mine. I light my lantern and head down into the crafting room. @Drifter Man Heres the answer to your question! I turn off the lantern and see if I can craft in the darkness... And I can! Look's as if you don't need light to craft in this mine, making it pretty much the safest place to craft in CH. I have just barely enough time to craft up the mitts before the day ends but I manage just barely. 

image.thumb.png.e4a3872ecdbd7670218fc6c9f276038c.png

Hooray! Not bad if you ask me. But now its time to head back to the trailer so I can spend the night. I head back up the mine and into the night. I light my lantern and head down back to the trailer. 

image.thumb.png.96b2c1d5d86a08f769d5276a8e4c7cb1.png

Just over on the horizon! I sprint down and enter, breaking down some furniture since it wasn't quite night yet. I eat my beans and head off to bed, when I wake I go outside. 

image.thumb.png.c656f57bc1208bcd744fbe9ca8c7a4e0.png

Sorry Will, but food isn't of are greatest concerns right now. 

DAY 15, Back home

Why am I beginning on day 15? Well because actually I messed up, the last post was on day 14, not 13, so just regard most of the previous as wrong dates, but besides that everything else is the same. Which ones to disregard? I dunno, i'm lazy so just imagine the ones you think are wrong.

What I did for the day was go down to the tooth, and head back to jackrabbit. A wolf was by the tooth, so I couldn't just make a beeline. Once I got to the island a wolf was stalking a deer so I had to wait for them to pass before I could get back onto the island. Once there I waited for the weather to cool down and then I started a fire in preparation for my leave tomorrow. While I didn't mention it in any other post's I will be leaving for mystery lake tomorrow for forging in the muskeg. I really don't want to have to deal with the wolf-pocalypse in DP without a bow. So the muskeg is going to be my good friend for now. 

image.thumb.png.2b54b5fa4f229818efaf17e93c082f4b.pngOh and would you look at that, level 2 cooking!

DAY 16, Raven Falls Railway Line

Good bye Coastal Highway! You were my home for a long time, but now its time to move on. I step outside jackrabbit and take one last look over the ice. I then step down onto the bay and head towards the log sort. Like the buffoon I am I forgot to bring my coho salmon, so looks as if when I return i'm going to find a ruined fish on my door step... I make my way up the trail to the train unloading. Saving my game in a trailer surrounded by reishi mushrooms. This trailer never seems to have anything in it, act least for me. I step back outside and head of to train unloading. I save my game and warm up in the trailer up there. I then say one tearful good bye to CH and I leave through the rail tunnel. I walk onto the trestle, even though I know I wont fall my hands begin to sweat, the fact that its creaking doesn't help. 

Dkl8bJaU8AA4prF.jpg

Well that's FREAKING TERRIFYING, but pretty nice looking to so I can't complain. I make my way into the cavernous wreck of the large rail tunnel. 

Dkl8igvUcAAIQVa.jpg

Pro tip, If for some reason you need to start a fire and you can't get to the cave behind these to tree's start one in the middle of said tree's. Ive done this before when I blizzard was hitting the tunnel and it shielded my fire from going out. I make my way across the bridge and  over to the reishi and bunny cave. I pick some mushrooms, scare some bunnies, pick some sticks. When I peer over to the cave, ooo la la! 

Dkl8om0VsAAny4t.jpg

Look's as if i'm heading down to the ravine basin! I pick it up, its heavy but Im only caring it for a short distance. I make my way down onto the tipped tree and head across the ravine. A corpse and his pack lie in the snow, on the corpse a pair of trail boots and a box of matches await! I drop all of my heavy thing's and head down into the ravine. A corpse at the bottom has a pack with a fire starting skill book inside. I pick some rose hips and slide the door of the gondola open. 

Dkl8ukwUUAAxJsO.jpg

Damn a hammer and a flare gun with four flares! That's quite the deal if I say so myself. I pick up the hammer which is in greater condition then the one I have. I make my way over to the cave and drop all my heavy stuff. I pick all the mushrooms and cattails down there, its windy so I cant start a fire to eat up the deer corpse :( But I have a bunny to eat so that's ok. Before I go on I would like to thank Hinterland for placing a bed, however crappy, at the bottom of the basin, thank you. Anyway I pick up a stone, aim, and chuck it. The rabbit squeals and I pick it up, only for the game to glitch. 

Dkl85idUcAANFaA.jpg

I know you cannot see it but i'm holding the bunny. It is invisible but it keeps sniffling, I try and press down the button for murder, but it doesn't work. Checking all the other buttons they do nothing. So I have to quit the game and start back at the train unloading trailer >:( So yadda yadda, I do everything again. I get back down to the basin and avoid the glitched bunny. The only reasoning I have for it glitching is that all the vengeful spirits of the bunnies I killed came back and haunted me. They trapped me in a limbo, holding a bunny, the thing I killed so many times, forced to stare into is soulless and invisible eyes until I froze to death. The glitch bunny turned out to be a good thing in disguise though, as instead of windy the weather turned foggy letting me start a fire and cook some venison. 

Dkl9HbwU8AAxWho.jpg

I cooked and boiled well into the night, but by the end of it I was thoroughly exhausted.  So I ate my deer steak and slept in 1-2 hour shifts in the bed making sure not to freeze. By dawn break I was a bit tired but decided to get a move on. 

DAY 17, Exaustion

Dkl9RS7VAAEIKOh.jpg

Once I got out of bed and headed for the rope, I was freezing but I still needed to climb it. So I climbed it and was pretty tired by the end of it. I headed along the small forested area and found another cluster of birch sapling's. I accidentally spooked 2 deer into the small passage leading to ML, I kept spooking them past the transition area, but the were sort of trapped between me and the nothingness of the area beyond the passage. This eventually forced both of them to pass though me, who knew deer were hollow inside! I make my way to the dam and no wolves are outside to greet me, so I head in. I drop off all my stuff and instantly head for the door to the lower dam. Once inside I head down into winding river. To the bedroll cave I go...

Dkl9f2OUYAACWV2.jpg

Nothing! Well to be honest with you this was a pretty foolish mistake on my part. What would it actually spawn were I wanted it to? Pfffft get real. I sadly trudged back over to the dam, since night was falling, and I was completely exhausted, the only option for sleep I had was the trailers outside of the dam. So I rushed into one and found this!

Dkl9vPQVAAAusT_.jpg

COOOOOOOOFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Needless to say I was ecstatic, but coffee doesn't matter to a dead man. In preparation for a tussle with a wolf I drank some herbal tea, ate plenty of food and went to bed. When I stepped outside I was met with... 

DAY 18, One lucky man

...Nothing, well that was lucky!

Dkl90xoU0AA_HCS.jpg

Before you continue to read, please watch this video by a TLD youtuber Geltaz 

I think it's one of his best videos and you should watch it! Anyway lets continue on, I enter the dam and loot on the first floor is sparse but when I check the control room. 

Dkl96KbV4AAnD8F.jpg

Looks like everything might turn out ok! I head up to offices and find some books, some tinder, and some mittens, though they aren't as good as my rabbit mitts. I head down the staircase and I  find some simple tools by a barrel. I head up into the loft's? You know the little walk way's above the generators? Yeah ok you do, anyway I head up them and find a flare. Once in the lower dam I loot it and find a scarf, a torch, but most importantly a sewing kit! Once I head up the stairs to that other office like place I find some quality tools and a whetstone, I loot under a metal table and I finally find it. 

Dkl-MRhV4AAiknn.jpg

Instead of boiling my water in an old can like a Neanderthal I get to use a pot! I head back into the upper dam and check my inventory. If I took it all I would have about 43 Kilo's of gear so I opt to take roughly 31 kilos of that gear. When I head outside the blizzard that was raging has calmed down into some heavy snow. When checking the side of the dam for those 2 maple sapling's I find they are there, and something else. RARF RARF, Goes a wolf, before I can assess the situation it's rushing towards me, I shoot it in it's face and it run's of to mommy and daddy wolf yelping. 

Dkl-ZHeUwAAvHy1.jpg

I decide not to get the maple sapling's as the wolf has decided to run around that area and i'm confident it will soon calm down. So I head down into the pond and pick some cattails, I then head over to Alan's cave to see if a bedroll had spawned. While doing so I ran into a cluster of birch sapling's, finally i'm able to harvest the suckers. I make a deer run into Alan's cave to make sure a wolf spots it and chows down. But it doesn't work, the wolf is way over near the hunters blind eating a rabbit. Ok good, ill just have to be fast and sneaky. When I check inside the hunters blind I find quite a treat!

Dkl-lChUYAAoh_O.jpg

I don't bother to check for any other loot, but as soon as I step outside the wolf is on me. I attempt to flee but it begins to dash towards me, so I shoot it in its face. That's two times this gun has saved my butt and it hasn't even been 5 minutes. I head back over to the yellow gondola and climb up a hill so I can take the safe path to the camp office. I reach it passing by several wolves on the way. I reach the office and loot it, finding a whetstone and guess what!

Dkl-sh_V4AAJzbs.jpg

Im the luckiest man alive, OR SO I THOUGHT! Just kidding, I break down some thing's and head off to bed. Tomorow the trappers homestead!

20 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

I haven't tested recently, but I've used a mine workbench as my primary crafting spot in several sandboxes.  Just like other interior workbenches you can craft during the day without supplementary light.

18 hours ago, FunkyFuggerson said:

@Drifter Man Heres the answer to your question! I turn off the lantern and see if I can craft in the darkness... And I can! Look's as if you don't need light to craft in this mine, making it pretty much the safest place to craft in CH.

Thanks to both - good to know!

Good job so far, @FunkyFuggerson!  It's fun following your adventures.  Forgetting the salmon - I've done that a few times.  Salmon, cured saplings, anything important, I've forgotten it and traveled across a region before remembering it.  I'd kick myself, but I'd probably get two sprained ankles for the effort.

Also, nice to know you can craft in the mines during the daytime.  I never thought of doing that, always assumed I'd need a light source.  I expect you'll have the same cabin fever buildup as you would crafting on any other indoor workbench, so that's always a consideration.

On 8/14/2018 at 6:38 AM, Drifter Man said:

I think there is a bug that when you start crafting with a light source (any light source, including a match), you'll finish that crafting session even if after the light goes out.

It used to work this way, but it was fixed at some point, I can't remember when.  I tried it yesterday to make sure, and crafting will stop with a "too dark" message when the last pointy tip of the sun goes below the horizon.

And in case no one else has measured it, from bottom pointy tip of the sun to the top (or vice versa) is about 4 hours in-game.  As the sun sets, it's about 1 in-game hour from the top of the sun's circle to the top of the pointy tip.  You can use that to judge how much crafting or repair time you have left in the evenings.

DAY 19, To the trappers

I wake up from bed and realize I have a whopping 100% condition! This is a means to celebrate! So I eat a cattail and let my survivor read a book to pass the time. I then head out into blizzard-ish weather. The show must go on! So I still head over to the trappers, there isn't any trouble along the way. When I get down into that little valley below the rail tunnel I spot a birch sapling all by its lonesome near a corpse. I hack the sapling down and head over to the corpse, it has a lump of coal for me! That is 2 coal, ill need more though if I want to forge. I make it over to the trapper's and find more birch sapling's above the homestead. Once inside I begin to pillage, finding antiseptic, accelerant, a tin of sardines, a cooking skill book, tinder, and when I crack open the safe I find a down vest!

image.thumb.png.923ec02f978620efd0f08abac91004e8.png

I was hoping for a mackinaw or ski jacket but this is better then nothing. It was well worn so I sewed it up. Afterwords I started a fire and began boiling water, I pulled a few torches and headed outside. I was going to check out the Milton cave for coal as it usually has about 8-9 lumps inside of it. 

image.thumb.png.e7ab265f61d973e0a3d4b9ade75a53e2.png

Pro tip, if you need to say boil ludicrous amounts of water or cook a bear go to this cave and start a bunch of fires. Ive found it is the best way to cook up the heavy amounts of meat that the bear and moose that spawn around here drop. I scrounge the cave and find precisely eight lumps of coal. Now I only have to saw some furniture back at the dam, and then gather a bunch of cedar firewood and i'm off forging. After reading about interloper forging in the muskeg and just overall interloper play the improvised hatchet's only real use is chopping down larger branches and being faster at well, chopping things. So ill forge a knife and arrowheads and save on the time and wood needed for a hatchet. So instead ill make a hatchet when I forge in DP.  

image.thumb.png.f9bda1b947facef4004e17a040bac5d2.png

I boil more water and make more prepared reishi mushrooms. Tomorrow ill probably head back over to the camp office, then either grab a bunch of cedar or go over to the dam and get myself some scrap metal. See ya later ;) 

Archived