Guts and Scent

FunkyFuggerson

After shooting a bear in the face, I promptly hacked it apart for easy transportation. But something i noticed is that carrying 2 or more bear quarters = 3 scent bars, while carrying 1 raw gut = 1 scent bar, but carrying 10 raw gut = 1 scent bar. it doesn't matter if your carrying 1 or 100 bits of intestine, you still only get 1 scent bar. Unless this is just because of my difficulty setting, which is stalker. So, I think gut should add more to your scent bar, say 1 gut = 1 scent bar, 3 = 2, 5 and onwards = 3. Thats just the idea though, I just find it a bit weird hauling so much stinking gut would only give me 1 scent bar. 

• 5 weeks later...

Have you actually tried hauling 100 raw guts in the game? I don’t mean that sarcastically; I actually am curious if you are confirming that 100 raw guts only gave you one stink bar, or if that was just a creative exaggeration.

I had a theory on the scent mechanics, where each stinky item had an invisible stink value, and the stink bars just indicate a range of values (so one bar might be between 1 and 20, two bars might be 21-40...), which would indicate that a single raw gut has a small value since you say holding ten units doesn’t raise you above one stink bar. Since ten raw guts used to equate to two or three stink bars back when I conducted stink experiments, it seems all of my info is no longer accurate. ::sigh:: Blank Excel spreadsheet, here we go again...

On 8/23/2018 at 7:54 PM, WanderingPalm said:

Have you actually tried hauling 100 raw guts in the game? I don’t mean that sarcastically; I actually am curious if you are confirming that 100 raw guts only gave you one stink bar, or if that was just a creative exaggeration.

I had a theory on the scent mechanics, where each stinky item had an invisible stink value, and the stink bars just indicate a range of values (so one bar might be between 1 and 20, two bars might be 21-40...), which would indicate that a single raw gut has a small value since you say holding ten units doesn’t raise you above one stink bar. Since ten raw guts used to equate to two or three stink bars back when I conducted stink experiments, it seems all of my info is no longer accurate. ::sigh:: Blank Excel spreadsheet, here we go again...

Yeah no, that was creative exaggeration, the most guts Ive ever hauled was around 20? I still had 1 stink bar which is weird

I think science demands that someone haul 100 raw intestines to confirm.  I'm spending the next 16 days recovering from intestinal parasites, I can spend that time hunting and see how close I can get to 100.  Of course that's 50 wolf/deer... not going to attempt a bear until I can get back to full condition.

2 hours ago, Spakerman said:

I think science demands that someone haul 100 raw intestines to confirm.  I'm spending the next 16 days recovering from intestinal parasites, I can spend that time hunting and see how close I can get to 100.  Of course that's 50 wolf/deer... not going to attempt a bear until I can get back to full condition.

You'd do this for me? For science? Good luck :)

Archived