Bear didn't bleed out

Pisces0314

1 hour ago, desertedone said:

Yeah this seems to be going on in Coastal Highway and all bears there are like this. If you don't kill them outright they will run and survive at full health. 

The bears will bleed out and die as long as you stay outside and no blizzard starts.  If you shoot a bear and spend time indoors before it dies, there's a good chance the bear will despawn and reset.  Same if a blizzard comes up, it can cause the bear to despawn.

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

The bears will bleed out and die as long as you stay outside and no blizzard starts.  If you shoot a bear and spend time indoors before it dies, there's a good chance the bear will despawn and reset.  Same if a blizzard comes up, it can cause the bear to despawn.

I was following the bear's blood trail the entire time. 

All I know is that the bears in Coastal Highway bleed out and die - the one that frequents the Waterfront Cottages area and the one near the Coastal Townsite (I did it twice) - and this is with the new run the update forced me to start.  All I can otherwise say is that it can take quite a while for a bear to bleed out.