Weather changes when going inside - outside

elloco999

I was testing out some theories, so I made a lot of saves to make my work easier. This is when I discovered the weather can change in a second in TLD... I was making the saves by going inside and immediately outside again.

First it's beautiful weather, sun is shining, hardly any wind and it's relatively warm (-8 or so). When I come back outside it's suddenly all foggy or even a blizzard going on... Now I get that the weather can change very quickly but this is ridiculous.

Guest Alan Lawrance

Going inside/outside doesn't trigger weather changes. But weather transitions are short in general, and when going from inside->outside we do "warm up" the weather in the sense of simulating it to its full state. Otherwise you could go outside->inside->outside during a blizzard and it would seem the blizzard was starting up when you went back outside.

Weather transitions are an area for improvement for sure.

Well, this has happened to me way to often to be just a coincidence. I'm talking dozens of times in just a few hours (RL) of playing. I think it happened about once in every 2 or 3 times I went inside->outside.

When I do this I'm talking going inside, immediately turning around and going outside again. This hardly takes a second, but the weather has changed fully by this time. Maybe this has something to do with the "warming up" of the weather, the weather having started changing but not yet visibly so the "warming up" is causing the weather to be fully changed by the time I come out again.

Archived