Hello from Québec!

Nogen

Hi everyone!

I am a fellow The Long Dark player since last year, with about 250 hours of game time. I mostly play survival custom difficulty, based on Stalker level with some tweaks to my like.

There so much things I could say about what I love about this game. In fact, too much for me to think of and list.

But when I think about The Long Dark, the first thing that come in my mind is me, walking in a raising blizzard, shelter in sight, exhausted, low condition, hungry.... And then, reaching my shelter, opening the door, start a fire and drop all those heavy, but precious freshly scavenged gears and putting a nice moose steak on the grill, while I heard the blizzard raging outside blending with the soothing sound of the fire. I mean, how many game give you such joy just by lighting up a fire?

We all strive for this. This delicate mix between being in delicate, stressful situation followed by the relieve of finding shelter and security. For now.

You know that cozy feeling. Everyone that took care to subscribe to this forum have feel it.

Long live to The Long Dark. Long live to Hinterland.

:)

Nice to see another person I recognize from Steam, who appears to have been lurking here even a bit longer than I did. 

Stay safe, stay warm, and enjoy your stay. Stop by for Pancake, any time. The Church Of The Long Dark usually has them going daily. Wake up the Cardinal if no one is manning the Fire Barrel of Flapjacks. ;)

Same here, I registered ages ago, but only lurked and looked. Never posted. I am finding the civility and more adult behavior here much more engaging than Steam these days. I'll still be there, but... setting into a new spot here, I hope.

Lots to read here to catch up, and have fun with too. :)

7 minutes ago, stratvox said:

Salut Nogen! A quel ville de Quebec? J'ai raisons voyager a Montreal et Laval assez souvent...

Salut!

Je suis de Saint-Lin-Laurentides, un village au nord-est de Montréal. Rien de bien excitant dans ce coin là. ^_^

Archived