Mouse/view randomly jerks to a specific point in the sky - Windows 10 Edition(play anywhere)

Ryu Azuku

Game Version: Windows 10/Xbox Play Anywhere(not steam) - Build# 1.35 38054 () UWP

Computer Specifications: Windows 10 - AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

When playing the game with mouse and keyboard on pc my characters view will randomly jerk to a specific point in the sky, the point is the exact same even after a restart/reload. This will constantly happen even if my character is just walking around without even touching the mouse. I was able to find a reliable way to repeat this on cue by entering the fire fuel menu, then exiting it, and immediately pressing rmb.

This issue is nonexistent when using an xboxone controller, following the same procedure the game ran like normal with no random jerking of the camera. Switching back to keyboard and mouse in the same game led to the same consistent jerking, but only after some delay.

Another thing to note, I have had this issue both in sandbox and in the story mode, however in my sandbox save the jerking occurred about every 5-6 minutes, and so far with the story mode it happens about every 2 minutes. These times do not vary after reloading the save.(probably not useful information)

I am using a mouse with a button allowing me to switch between 4 different sensitivity options, but I plugged in another simpler mouse and the jerking kept happening so it isn't the mouse that is messing everything up. I also tried usb 2.0 ports instead of 3.0, that also fixed nothing.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, as well as "reseting" it through the windows menus

I can't find where the files are located with this version of TLD so I can't post any sort of log :( 

Enclosed is a video of what I'm talking about, you will have to download it to view it : /

Can anyone help?

The Long Dark 7_12_2018 8_18_17 PM.mp4

Hi @Ryu Azuku , thanks for posting. We have had some scattered reports of this issue on some systems when playing the Windows Store version of the game with a mouse and are looking into it. To help us investigate, we'l like to get some information about your display setup:

Do you have more than one monitor?
Do you play in Window Mode, or Full Screen? Do you see this issue in both modes?
What's your display resolution set to?
What's your scaling set to?
If you set your display scaling to 100%, do you still see this issue?

Thanks for your help!

Monitors: I have two monitors. Have not tried unplugging my second yet.  edit: I unplugged my 2nd monitor and tried the game both in windowed and fullscreen mode using the same resolutions and still had the same issue.

View Mode: I play in fullscreen mode. But I just tested windowed mode and I still have the same issue.

Resolution: Display resolution of my main monitor is 1920x1080, my second monitor's resolution is 1680x1050, my game is running a 1920x1080 resolution. I tried 1680x1050 ingame for windowed mode.

Scaling: I have my scaling at 100% already. Upping that to 125% did nothing.

Enclosed is a pic of the display settings

Settings.PNG

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived