Some nicely ideas

ProfessorGast

Hello dudes,

ive played the long dark now for several hours.

and this with my youtube community.

so here are some ideas.

First of all, for the developer: you know the serie on History Channel called "The mountain men" ? i think its the best serie for real to see how the long dark could work. just try it out!

- we should could hunting, with some more traps and a bow. we need a secondary possibility against the hunting rifle i think. just to craft: 2 wood work on with a hatchet. some leather work on with a knife. then we got a bow with a tendon (is this the english word? example in german: Tier Sehne) and this makes a bow. the arrows: new item stone. new craft item hammer (crafting: wood with 2 stones and a rope) hammer makes out of stones a arrowhead. the arrow without head is out of 1 wood.

- maybe you could insert a crashed airplane? just to find for some more looting spots. i thought it could be good for the main story. maybe this could be a spawn spot for a handgun.

- bears. we need bears, a naturaly component against wolfs. and mountain lions too.

- maybe fishing in the lake. with a hatchet or stone hammer we could spread the ice. crafting wood with some rope and go on!

- snowmobile , maybe later if the map is growing more up. just to find. it needs fuel -> making out of fuel from the lantern.

- maybe some build tools. for a trapping house. just simple things.

The problem is with bears is that they hibernate during winter and mountain lions life further south, but there are some in south british columbia. Northern Canada Lynx is definitely a must, but with up to 11 kg they should be no threat to a grown up male human.

I thought about Bears being in Hibernation, but with the Geomagnetic event that has occurred in this game its possible that it has screwed up more than just technology, prolonged exposure to heavy electromagnetic fields can alter the way the human brain works, causing paranoia, hallucinations, confusion and even alter your sense of morality. Which would explain why so many people are dead. But this could also effect animals so wakey wakey bears

Hey dudes,

of hibernation I have not thought ! youre right. but JErosion right too i think.

maybe some spots/cave where bears sleep and we could loot something there..with a xx/xx % chance that the bear wake up.

could northern canada lynx live in herd? a little snake with less then 1kg can deadly for a grown up men. why not a 11kg lynx? :)

i understand your objection but a little more imagine and it could work.

and pls fix the massiv fast food poisoning.. i eat 2-3 100% meat and just i got a food poisoning.

Hey dudes,

of hibernation I have not thought ! youre right. but JErosion right too i think.

maybe some spots/cave where bears sleep and we could loot something there..with a xx/xx % chance that the bear wake up.

could northern canada lynx live in herd? a little snake with less then 1kg can deadly for a grown up men. why not a 11kg lynx? :)

i understand your objection but a little more imagine and it could work.

and pls fix the massiv fast food poisoning.. i eat 2-3 100% meat and just i got a food poisoning.

Did you cook the meat? I've eaten maybe 30 cooked meat and haven't contracted food poisoning.

Also something else occurred to me on the issue of hibernation, in addition to the geomagnetic event that sets everything in motion there appears to have been a major earthquake in the area as well, considering The Tunnel Collapse, The Derailment, the damage to the bridge that crosses the ravine, the debris near the entrance to the Coastal Highway, The Rock Slide and the Commuters Lament. So just another reason for Bears to be awake... and Angry

could northern canada lynx live in herd?

The Canadian Lynx is mostly solitary, but has been observed to form small groups, but then again cats never do what you would expect.

Im sure they are looking into that, right now food poisoning is a death sentence if you dont have antibiotics. Im sure they will fix it like they did wood gathering

Instead of bears, how about Yeti/Bigfoot encounters! They can throw rocks, pound on cabins at night, yell at night (Gawd that would send shivers up my spine!!), leave foot tracks in snow, have dens with loot! Just an idea since it is a legend of the Canadian woods and would fit in nicely!

Archived