Changes to calory count in v156 turns game into grind

Burning Bridges

Can't help noticing that with the new calory (800 per 1kg versus 1333 in the old version) I am now consuming almost 1 whole deer per day. Before the update a deer would last 2-3 days, which allowed me to explore a little every time I had my meat supply filled up. Now when I live on venison I spend most of the time in the cooking menus instead of playing. Let's not forget the time I spend in the forage wood menu, as well as sleeping at night and healing food poisoning. If it stays like that it kills the fun I am afraid.

I a nutshell, I agree that .138 was too easy and wolves should never have has the high calory count, but the calory count for deer was better before the reduction. Now the game is in danger becoming a grind of hunting deer after deer after deer, and wondering how your hero can eat them up so quickly (how can someone eat 8 kg meat a day?)-

It would be better decrease the number of (large) animals and make them harder to hunt, instead of overdoing things on the calory front. Also, if the calory count for rabbits was higher, and the number of deer and wolves decreased, it would become more important to hunt rabbit, because you might not be able to find large animals.

Really like your idea for decreasing the amount of deer (while maintaining old calorie value). Promotes more game-play and less menu activity. I support the idea. Once more subsistence methods are implemented in the game then less deer means more activities and makes this game more re-playable too.

Really like your idea for decreasing the amount of deer (while maintaining old calorie value). Promotes more game-play and less menu activity. I support the idea. Once more subsistence methods are implemented in the game then less deer means more activities and makes this game more re-playable too.

Case in point.

Archived