Dropping cans and wrappers when eating packaged food

tomas_herbertson

A thought strikes me as I explore the "cans littered about" cabin layout on the Coastal Highway: I can see that there are crushed soda cans, opened tin cans, and torn open jerky bag assets already in-game--any chance of those dropping to the ground where we eat, only to vanish with the weather?

While I'm firmly against littering in real life, I sure don't see any trash hampers around in-game, and I don't think setting out the bins for municipal trash pick-up days or leaving things tidy for people who come after are on the survivor's to-do list...

I also suggested in another topic that garbage (like all kind of gaudy plastic stuff) can be used as a quite effective wolf deterrant. A wolf would need several days to analyze that the "thing" is harmless, by which it can be replaced by some other things. At least that's how I heard sheep herders keep 99% of wolves away.

My gran keeps CDs and silver foil on lines to scare birds away from her Raspberry canes. Perhaps we could use tin cans and soda bottles tied together with gut as windchimes to either deter wolves from an area, or make noise when one passes through the barrier, giving you a warning that they are nearby.

Garbage should really get on the suggestion list, it would give every place a natural feel, and is such a nice way to interact with the environment. I already use burned out flares and empty oil cans to mark places I have been, corpses used as depots, and to mark orientation points in the landscape where I need to turn direction.

It would be nice if it could also be possible to confuse wolfes because this is another interaction with the environment and also educational. No need for new arrangements, just dropping things, to make wolves uneasy and liable to flee.

It's a pity the empty kerosene cans were removed in the last patch, I hope this gets reconsidered as the object is already in the game. Instead of removing burnt flares now as well, opened cans should be implemented as they are also already there (they lie around in many places).

Archived