Pancakes

ThePancakeLady

that does seem like the next step, the game needs flour, salt and some kind of sweetener. You can make simple breads. Make a Stew of Shredded meat of your choice with some wild onions or parsnips and some potatoes. and not have to worry about it burning.

New ingredients, to be combined in different ways, to make different recipes. Pancakes would of course be my choice. But what if I had flour, water, sugar, but no eggs, no syrup? But I did have cattails, wild onions, and venison? Yep. Stew. Leave the sugar out.  I would love to see even just a short list of reasonable additions to natural edibles to harvest, and store bought basics to find in kitchen cabinets. With a recipe system like the current crafting system uses. You may have ingreedients to make 4/12 things, now you have to choose which feeds and/or hydrates you better, depending on your situation.

Honestly, with the new cooking system, this seems like a logical next step. A long as Pancakes are one of the new food recipes. ;)

• 3 months later...
On 7/6/2018 at 1:56 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

Nice! I could be happy with Bannock or hardtack bread, calorie dense, very slow decay, but a bit dehydrating. I think it would be a great recipe. :)

Sorry to necro this thread but I had the same idea! Maybe make it take a very long time to eat as well..

Archived