Tired of wolves.

Thor

I am so fed up with being stuck in a building because I can't fight a wolf , because, get this, THERE IS NO MELEE. Not only this, but there seems to be *zero* interest by the devs to add it. Now , my counterpoint to anyone who says there is melee is this : No there isn't. That quick time facerolling mouse button smashing event... just.. ick.

I want to bust a chair leg off and use it as a club to kill the wolves. I want to pick up a rock and bash the wolves' brains in, but I can't. I don't want to use guns because they make noise. In a real survival situation, one would want to be as quiet as possible. Not saying remove guns, but I just prefer to not use them.

Any word at all from the devs if such a function will be added? Hmm? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Hi Thor, i tend to agree that the mechanics for fighting wolves ("Melee") is somewhat limited but this game is in Alpha.

Not sure what you mean by" "zero" interest by the devs to add it" how do you know this? in my opinion they have listened well to their player base and are doing a great job. Who knows what the future holds regarding game-play.

Well w/o a functional melee system there wont be a future in this game for me. It is literally a game breaker for me.

As has been already stated and posted many times by the devs, Scout Corps test team, and other players - the current game is early alpha and a melee system is planned for the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Please let the next alpha update include building a club or something. I'm now stuck in a garage, full with a tone of supplies including 2-3 prybars and EVERY TIME i fight a wolf I need antiseptic and bandages. I looked everywhere and can't figure out how we are supposed to make bandages. I'm told we can, but damned if I know how.

End of rant, just ticks me off, but I know, it's alpha.

So, any idea of what we can build in the future and what if any combat is being thought up. Because, garage, lots of tools. If I had the A-Team they would turn this town into a 4x4 Death Mobile :)

I looked everywhere and can't figure out how we are supposed to make bandages. I'm told we can, but damned if I know how.

Harvest excess clothes to make Cloth

Harvest Cloth to make Bandages

Any chance there's a Harvest Wood to make a Louisiana Slugger? Here Wolfie ... Batter is up and your head looks like a speed ball special going deep left field :)

And now I so want to replace my torque (head warmth thingy) with a custom wolf helmet. Come you dingo's this be what happened to the last of you that thought I looked Yummy :)

Archived