Container sizes, Mystery Lake vs Coastal Highway

elloco999

It seems almost all containers on the Coastal Highway map are much larger then those on the Mystery Lake map. Take the cupboard in the Camp Office, it can hold 5kg. Now take a kitchen cabinet in one of the houses on the Coastal Highway map. That can hold 40kg, but is hardly any bigger.

And then the large closets in those same houses, they can hold 40kg as well, even though they are much larger than a cabinet. Seems strange to me.

I do appreciate the extra storage space, don't get me wrong, but I think it should be balanced a bit better. I actually always thought of most of the Mystery Lake containers as too small, but on the Coastal Highway it's the other way around. I find most too large.

Agreed! Even if you stay in the Camp Office, which has the most container space except for the dam (I think) you still run out of space to store your loot. While the houses in Coastal Highway have more containers than I could count, and I only use like 4 or 5 of them, with not being anywhere near close to filling most of them.

It maybe a little presumptuous but i am of the opinion that Mystery Lake could use a few more structures or reworked structures just because of the OCD architect in me. Ive played a lot of games, mostly 1st person shooters, were they do a lot of things right in terms of level design but then fail terribly at making structures within the game to make sense, the Bioshock games, were pretty bad about this, in one part of the first bioshock game there are there were some luxury apartments that while they worked for a game level, they were so poorly designed as a residence that it took me out of the game.

1. The Hydro-dam, from the outside what do you see before you run into the door, a second story, it has a second story with windows. They should add a second story, a building like that would need to be manned 24/7 and therefore would need living quarters, ei break room, restrooms, beds.

2. The Camp Office and Lake Cabins, It needs more storage, and corpses dont count, and its random if he spawns there anyway. Also where are the toilets? Seriously the Camp office was electrified(florescent lights) before the disaster but it doesn't have indoor plumbing? I can understand the cabins maybe having a simple outhouse, but the camp office should surely have a full bath for the proprietors.

3. The Trappers Homestead --- While we are at it, there needs to be an outhouse, it could be out back over that little hill, cause even trappers need to poop and given how easy it is to get food poisoning it is needs most urgently.

4. I think the game could use at least one or two more cabins, be they structurally sound or ruins. the best places would be along the rive between Mystery Lake and that deer stand, that area in behind the clear cut or that valley that lies between the unnamed pond and the Trappers homestead

nah Ive just repeated myself in a couple of times in a few threads, I just has a strange need for architecture to make sense in video games, at times i find myself pulled out of the immersion by various oddities. Like in Half Life 2 and also Fear 3(just finally got around to playing the later a month ago), apartments and other residents have well defined spaces, bathrooms, kitchen areas. And am able to believe that a person could have lived there.

In Bioshock you had the apartments in the supposedly ritzy part of town, You had one apartment that has 30 foot ceilings with no kitchen, and it consists of living room, a bedroom and a bathroom that is all open to each other, in another apartment in the same level, you walk into a weird foyer/living room with a gunned down family of 4 on the couch and then a 50 foot wide staircase that lead to a single second floor bedroom. Between gun fights I kept asking myself who would actually have wanted to live here?

Dude chill, besides out at the cabins and Trappers homestead the solution is just an old fashioned Outhouse. The same goes for the Forrest Lookout, the only buildings that i could see having an actual proper indoor plumbing would be the Dam and the Camp Office, its such a permanent structure that It would likely have it's own well(electric) if anything to at least provide drinking water for renters.... mmm speaking of which you know the Lake cabins and the Bear Creek campgrounds over at the Coastal Highway could use those simple barbeque grills

Archived