Map

Magesticblue

I've played episodes 1 & 2, awaiting the next episodes. So I decided to play survival. I have traveled all over but when I click on map it doesn't show the region just a black screen and it says the map hasn't been saved. How do I do that? The world map comes up fine with details.  Thank you ahead of time for your help.

taking charcoal from a dead fire will help you draw your own map and fill it in yourself.. equip a piece of charcoal outside and survey the area and it will help you create a map.... you cannot map at night or in low visibility...and only outdoors

When mapping keep in mind that line of sight plays a big role on what will be filled in.  Generally speaking, you will want to get to a high point before using your charcoal.  If you map from within a valley or culvert or something, since your character can't see up over the hill you might end up with some jagged black areas not filled in.  I like to fully map every region each time I play the game, because it helps me track where I have and haven't explored yet.  Plus occasionally my character will notice saplings that my eye missed, and I can use the map to hunt down those stragglers.

Archived