Tips for cooking heavy amounts of meat?

FunkyFuggerson

I recently bagged the trappers cabin moose and now I have boat loads of meat. Im thinking of cooking lots of it in one go because I don't have much in the ways of food or fire starting supplies. The only problem is that the I only have 2 cooking slots on the stove inside the homestead and they take about an hour and thirty minutes inside a cooking pot. How can I cook lots of it in one go so I wont have to worry about food for a while? Firewood problems are solved as i've managed to gather lots. 

If you have lots of firewood, find a sheltered spot outdoors and create two, three, or more campfires.  With three campfires, you can cook six pieces of that moose meat at the same time.  I just spent a good portion of one day cooking all the meat from a bear with two campfires.

Congrats @FunkyFuggerson! These are good types of problems in terms of surviving TLD.

• As far as I know you are limited by cooking slots.
  • Some survivors try using the Trapper's Barn to cook and avoid cabin fever/wind.
  • You may want to cook only a weeks worth of meat, (if you leave cooked meat on-snow it will decay until permanently ruined).
  • You may want to leave most of the moose meat raw and cook it as needed, (this will let you cook "ruined" meat).
  • (4) campfires will cook (8) steaks in an hour and a half.

There are much better cooks than me, so I'll also watch to learn. Good Luck my friend. :coffee:

Alright! I think ill gather more firewood just in case and get cooking in the barn. Im going to wait off on it though in case someone offers a better strategy for me. For now ill just cook some up so I can get things done but also you know... Not die of starvation. has anyone actually died of starvation in this game? Seems kinda hard to do, who knows. 

I have - if you're starving and its very cold, you drop condition rapidly, far faster than you'd drop just from the cold.  I also have starved to death on interloper, because I'm evidently not very good at it. :D  21 days is the longest I've lasted

14 hours ago, FunkyFuggerson said:

has anyone actually died of starvation in this game? Seems kinda hard to do, who knows. 

Good morning @FunkyFuggerson...the game involves lots of math, and yes, a survivor will lose condition and die if not eating for about (4) days.

But that is not the idea of survival where we must add the many factors of the game that hurt/help condition. Sometimes an injury or attack leaves barely enough condition to apply First Aid and barely time for sheltering and resting. However, if you made the mistake of not eating, (maybe a choice you made more than 12 hours ago), then your survivor may die instead because there is no time to patch-up and rest. Good luck my friend... :coffee:

46 minutes ago, s7mar7in said:

Good morning @FunkyFuggerson...the game involves lots of math,

yeh I wouldn't go saying that, its more about choices you do in the game. There are no math problems to solve (yet). Sure think logical as you play, that doesn't always work out either. Have fun.

Archived