My wishes for the game

Gridie

First of all, i really like this game.

But i have some wishes for it.

I dont have specific ideas, just some gameplay element which i want to approach.

1. The resource management aspects are fine but, its a bit to much of "just sitting there and clicking through menus and waiting".

2. A more interactive world. Dont get me wrong i don't want to cut down trees or so. I am just getting sick of games which just puts objects in to the world without any usability.

3. Maybe some climbing gear and climbing ( this would also give the possibility to make more interesting maps).

4. Space Button for jumping over smaller obstacles (no need for real jumping just a move to get over them).

5. More crafting, more use for metal, cloth and leder than just repairing. Maybe the possibility to repair objects in the world to use them.

Sorry if i have repeated some of the points from others, but that just help the developer to prioritize.

More suggestions:

6. I recognized fuel or gas tanks near all the houses, would be great to be able to use them.

And whats up with the unusable doors in some of them, really hope you guys gone make it a basement entrance, maybe with a generator inside, which can be repairt to produce electricity. Would give some more game mechanics and more usability for fuel.

Electricty requests are a no go, I'm afraid. The Devs so far have shown no interest in technology more advanced than basic firearms. Remember, the geomagnetic storm melted everything electricty based into mush, which probably means the circuit boards in said generator would look like charcoal.

Electricty requests are a no go, I'm afraid. The Devs so far have shown no interest in technology more advanced than basic firearms. Remember, the geomagnetic storm melted everything electricty based into mush, which probably means the circuit boards in said generator would look like charcoal.

You're right, electricity will not be added to the game. The devs are trying to make a game where there is no electricity. That's the base line in TLD's setting. It's just not going to happen.

Just as a side not: I don't think you'd be able to see the damage done to the circuitry with your bare eyes. I've seen fried circuit boards and the damage is usually not visible. Of course, the geo-magnetic whatchamacallit could be so immensely powerful that the heat generated in the circuits would literally fry the boards.

Pretty much, if you notice while you search all those houses along the coast is the TV screens are cracked

Flatscreen panels contain fluids in the top layer. The cracking could be from these fluids freezing.

4. Space Button for jumping over smaller obstacles (no need for real jumping just a move to get over them).

5. More crafting, more use for metal, cloth and leder than just repairing. Maybe the possibility to repair objects in the world to use them.

4. I don't think actual jumping should be implemented, but it should be possible to take steps actual humans can make. With that I mean a small ledge should not stop you from walking over it.

With the Camp Office, on the front porch, the stairs are at the front but you can also walk of the porch to the side of the stairs. But you can't go back up the porch this way, you need to take the stairs. That's just silly. The porch is low enough that you'd be able to step up without effort, yet you can't. If there were no such situations in the game, I really wouldn't need jumping.

5. More crafting is being worked on.

I just wonder because of the radios which you can't do anything with right now. And ok i get that electricity based devices are melted down, but to be honest i personally would try to repair them when i am sitting inside to wait a storm pass :D

And yeah i don't want jumping too, just something like a climb over button :)

Archived