Ways to prevent a player accidentally eating raw meat from the radial menu when they were trying to "place" it on a cooking surface.

PlayerPawn

8 hours ago, Astinus said:

I've seen a few people mention that eating raw meat gives you Food Poisoning. If you're cooking predator meat you get Intestinal Parasites when you eat raw meat. Which is substantially worse.

Do you get food poisoning if you eat raw dear meat or fish?

I get both food poisoning and parasites if I accidently eat raw predator meat but only food poisoning if i eat raw venison or rabbit.  if the fish is fresh enough, no food poisoning but if it somewhat aged, then yes food poisoning for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the best solution to this problem is to simply not have raw meat in the food menu at all, as @Kaisentlaia suggested.   Put in the campcraft menu and make the default action "cook" with NO eat option. If a player is in such dire circumstances that they are making a conscience decision to eat raw meat, they can do so from the backpack ui. Half of me thinks this is simply something we all need to just get used to, but the fact is; theres literally no way a person would "accidentally" eat raw meat, and as it stands now, the game is artificially instituting a very high probability of it happening. 

On 7/4/2018 at 3:18 PM, Astinus said:

I've seen a few people mention that eating raw meat gives you Food Poisoning. If you're cooking predator meat you get Intestinal Parasites when you eat raw meat. Which is substantially worse.

Do you get food poisoning if you eat raw dear meat or fish?

Ive seen some disagreement on your statement here, and I just wanted to say: this has been my exact finding as well.  Eating raw predator meat results in a very high chance of getting parasites, but does not result in food poisoning. 

Archived