Do all containers have equal degradation now? (.156)

Burning Bridges

It's hard to notice a difference between the containers now.

I stored 99% meat from the same animal in a freezer (inside) and a corpse (frozen, lying, outside) for ca 1 day

one day later they are both at 97%. I also tested the new medical supply container (the "old" one was red) matches etc seem to have aged - before it seemed to be in a perma state where there is no or hardly any degradation.

What I said wrt medical kits is unconformed. But meat can definitely be stored inside or outside now. Ca 2% degradation/day on cooked met per day. This means you can store it for up to ca 10 days, which is more than enough.

Raw meat is much more of a problem now, I had to throw away a lot of rabbit meat already.

They did say in the changelist that the degradation of all food was reduced, so I'm not surprised you are able to store cooked meat for a longer time, even inside. And maybe a freezer is also a good container to store meat in? Even if it is not working, a freezer usually has a air-tight seal and the isolation would keep it at a constant temperature. So maybe it is better to store meat in a freezer instead of a regular cabinet.

I have not tested all containers. but freezers have the exact same degradation on cooked meat as outside containers (tested: corpse lying which was the best in the first map, and freezer at Lakefront Cabins). Put in two pieces of venison at the same condition, and ca 2% decay per day in both.

Conclusion: freezer has 40kg space, and good place to store meat right now.

This could also be because the meat all has a slightly different condition. First off, while skinning the animal the meat still on the animal degrades faster than those pieces you've already taken. And after that, there's the time difference between putting the pieces in the freezer and in the corpse.

If after 12 days the difference is 2% or more you could probably conclude that freezers are better for storing meat.

If the trend is known the observation 12 days does not tell you much more that after 3 days.

I am only saying they are the same or roughly the same.

You can rest assured that I chose 2 pieces at the same condition (I also had rabbit meat on Jackrabbit island that confirmed the same).

Condition will be a floating number so some differences only come to the fore after a certain time.

Perhaps it's rounded, in that case 1% difference does not say anything.

Condition will be a floating number so some differences only come to the fore after a certain time.

Perhaps it's rounded, in that case 1% difference does not say anything.

That's what I was trying to say. Even if you started with 2 pieces of venison both of 99.5% condition, you put 1 in the freezer, changing it's degradation rate in respect to the other still in your inventory. You run to the corpse to put the other piece in that. By now the condition of piece 1 is 99.45% while the piece 2 is at 99.25%. After 3 days, piece 1 is at 95.55% and piece 2 is at 95.35% That gets rounded to 95% and 94%. Maybe if you check a few hours later, both will be displayed as 94%.

If there really is a difference in the degradation rates of those containers, large enough to give you a 1% difference in the venison in 3 days, it should be 3-4% difference in 12 days. Then you know for sure.

Archived