Bringing myself back from 0 percent...

Tbone555

15 days on the summit, living off deer from deer clearing, and the canned goods from cargo containers. Man was life good up there. But alas. My food ran empty so I had to make my way down to the mountaineer cabin. Nice place. Mine now.

One day I was sitting around thinking "man. Wouldn't a wolf skin coat be nice? And some deer pants from the pelts I left to dry in the deer clearing cave?"

And so I went wolf hunting. Now, in my custom sandbox I like the wolves to be a legit danger. Makes me want to actually avoid them, aggressive as they are. My condition was already low because I'm still getting used to the campfire cooking and accidentally took a big bite from a raw venison slab when I was trying to put it on the fire, as any inexperienced wilderness chef has done. No big deal. Antibiotics. But oh wait. It is a big deal because I fancy realistic condition recovery and have it set to low. The human body is a fragile thing. So I go out to hunt this wolf. Drop a piece of meat to lure him in. And what does he do? He picks it up and runs away. That's a new one on me. So I shoot at him, angry. It gets him just nice and pissed enough to charge me and sink his teeth into my wrist. Oh wow. I am so dead. Look at my condition bar. It is non existent. There was no white visible. So I stumble back to the cabin, ready to once more embrace the long dark. I lay in bed, expecting to fade. But then I wake up. I check my survival log, and well. I see this.

"And death is once again, banging on my door. Not today, old friend. I have a war to win."

20180622_012530.jpg

On 6/23/2018 at 8:16 AM, Drifter Man said:

It might be the rounding of the condition status - maybe you were at 0.4%. I've never seen such a close call. Good that you were able to come back from the dead!

It was short lived, however. Those wolves seem to always be the death of me, one way or another. I killed one and when I went to harvest a bear snuck up on me!

Archived