Massive bug - On day 62 and now started from scratch

Kitlope

Day 62, Playing on Coastal Highway after spending weeks in Mystery Lake and set up in Coastal Town everything was going good. Took over a house, had a ton of supplies there and was running back to it after a long day fishing when a Wolf attacked me. I had already left clicked to enter the house, the Wolf and I went through the attack scenario and then it ran off. I entered the house automatically after the wolf fight since I had already left clicked and all my stored stuff that I had so neatly placed in the kitchen was gone. Checked my inventory on me and I'm now starting with all the basics. All my skills have been reset. I'm now at 45 minutes of total time survived instead of 62 days. The house itself appears to be reset too with small amounts of random loot available. Oddly, the map I was sketching shows my discovered places. A small house closeby that wasn't there before has now appeared (I have read about this particular small house bug though).

So obviously this has something to do with an attacking animal and opening a door I'm thinking, leading to a reset of everything. It's quite gamebreaking and disheartening. I'm sure I can manage to continue but a fix would be very welcome. Thanks. Kit

Damn, something similar just happened to me too! I opened a ticket with support but I don't think there's any fix.

I booted it up and everything was fine and in place in my cabin, I grabbed a few things and exited before walking out onto the frozen lake where I hunted a deer and then explored the Waterfront Cottages to the southeast.  I was probably out for approximately 30 minutes or so and, when I returned to my cabin, that's when I noticed it had reset and was essentially empty again with the exception of some random generated items.

Photos of the cabin I had affected. Curious if yours was the same one?

Untitled.png

20180618120425_1.jpg

20180618120409_1.jpg

Interestingly, I've since revisited my old 'base' in a trailer out front of Hydro Carter Dam, and all of my items there seem to be fine and still in place, though some snack bars I had on a shelf seem to have had a new random plastic container dumped on top of them which made 1 or 2 inaccessible underneath it.

And the vast majority of buildings I've previously cleared are still cleared, so the reset isn't a total reset and seems to really be affecting very specific buildings.

Jeff, yeah there's something wonky with the houses in Coastal Town. The house that I use as a base (and is still intact) isn't the one circled on your map, its the one very close just to the south-south east, just to the right of the "n" where you wrote "location". The house straight south of that beside the docks wasn't there when I played the about 12 days I been in Coastal Town but when the reset happened it magically appeared. And on top of that, the house that was beside mine where you are is now just a burned out old house that isn't accessible since the reset. There seems to be some weird entity scrambling going on with these supposed fixed points - not sure if it affects just this part of Coastal Highway or parts of the entire world map. Throw in a character reset like I have experienced and it's incredibly gamebreaking.

Hopefully Hinterland looks into this very soon. 

3 minutes ago, Kitlope said:

Jeff, yeah there's something wonky with the houses in Coastal Town. The house that I use as a base (and is still intact) isn't the one circled on your map, its the one very close just to the south-south east, just to the right of the "n" where you wrote "location". The house straight south of that beside the docks wasn't there when I played the about 12 days I been in Coastal Town but when the reset happened it magically appeared. And on top of that, the house that was beside mine where you are is now just a burned out old house that isn't accessible since the reset. There seems to be some weird entity scrambling going on with these supposed fixed points - not sure if it affects just this part of Coastal Highway or parts of the entire world map. Throw in a character reset like I have experienced and it's incredibly gamebreaking.

Hopefully Hinterland looks into this very soon. 

Please contact support@hinterlandgames.com so we can follow up with you, ideally with a link to the JIRA report and this post, if you can. We'll want to look into this. cc: @jeffm

Thank you. 

Archived