New region map?

AZHockeyNut

Anyone try mapping it yet? It's pretty fun but dang without any structures it sure is a challenge

No where near a forge and I find a hammer yay but nothing to use it on sadly. Found improvised hatchet on another run, can't find coffee so the double rope climb might be tough plus I gotta find something to cut the brush as the hatchet was a different run

Oh well.

I managed to run away from a wolf and I had no scent but he followed me a looonnnggg way up to a snowfort and came back after my nap...holy #&#&#&

The map is tough. I survived trhee days on stalker  over there before running out of firewood and fading into the long dark. I really need to find a hatchet. I want to see what is up with that mysterious fire

At least there are a lot of cattail stalks. I might be addicted to those.

4 hours ago, AZHockeyNut said:

plus I gotta find something to cut the brush

Am I right in thinking you can't get off the map unless you have a hatchet?

And if that's the case, if you start an interloper game there, are you not trapped forever?

No there was a cave I started near that when I entered said I was leaving the map like a transition point does. But I spawned there and had no matches and no light source so going in there would have gotten me killed. I have yet to find it again sadly. 

9 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

That's probably the Fluffy everyone been talking about. Does she respawn? If she does respawn, then it's just a wolf. Could you check it out please?

Fluffy is totally dead and Scruffy likes Desolation Point. Looks like we need a new name if it doesmt respawn! Cool!

19 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

That's probably the Fluffy everyone been talking about. Does she respawn? If she does respawn, then it's just a wolf. Could you check it out please?

I'd rather not go back in there, haha. The wolf was kind of glitched as I went to make a fire and it kept running down the hallway, circling back and running off again, forcing me to go after it in complete darkness, the torches are useless in scaring it away.

Is there honestly any point in mapping this area besides for the acheivment? The waterfalls are easy to spot from a distance and because of the map having no human shelter the only real obstacles are fallen trees and stones. 

The charcoal map doesn’t help portray the different paths and routes on the map, so there’s no point on relying on it for memory purpouses. The layout of the area makes for a beautiful map but is based off simple layers so it’s easy to memorize different access points once you’ve explored it all. 

2 hours ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

Is there honestly any point in mapping this area besides for the acheivment? The waterfalls are easy to spot from a distance and because of the map having no human shelter the only real obstacles are fallen trees and stones.

I mapped the region for the caves.  Not just the ice caves, also  the outdoor caves... there are a lot of them.   It helped me learn how to get around the map, and I refer to it all the time now.

11 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Fluffy is totally dead and Scruffy likes Desolation Point. Looks like we need a new name if it doesmt respawn! Cool!

Raphael has stated that Fluffy is alive and has moved from Dam to an unknown zone because her A.I couldn't pathfind in the new Dam. He confirmed that she is alive and moved to a new area. To this date (before Vigilant Flame) nobody found her at any area and Raphael didnt leak anything at all, likely to keep it secret. Now, Vigilant Flame released and several users reported sights of a wolf in a special cave who killed many of them if not every of them.

The tweet was from January 2018

Therefore, this is enough to speculate and maybe confirm the fact that that the wolf in the special cave is indeed Fluffy. And we all are happy to see her return!! :D

5 hours ago, JaySovereign said:

I'd rather not go back in there, haha. The wolf was kind of glitched as I went to make a fire and it kept running down the hallway, circling back and running off again, forcing me to go after it in complete darkness, the torches are useless in scaring it away.

That's a known glitch, at least for me. Even Scruffy does that. Not sure if you noticed it. :) 

3 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

Therefore, this is enough to speculate and maybe confirm the fact that that the wolf in the special cave is indeed Fluffy. And we all are happy to see her return!! :D

"Exists" doesnt mean she's still alive. Have you seen her corpse? It was in the dam in story mode. This would mean that frosty is a new wolf, unless....

IF that dead wolf in story mode wasn't fluffy, then WHO is it? *cue illuminati music* O.o did she get kicked out by it?

maybe she had a double, also, Hushed river valley is pretty far away, has the wolf poplutation on the transition zone side of the dam raise? maybe they could move her to the cave near there.

For now, Im content to call this one Frosty. 

2 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

"Exists" doesnt mean she's still alive. Have you seen her corpse? It was in the dam in story mode. This would mean that frosty is a new wolf, unless....

IF that dead wolf in story mode wasn't fluffy, then WHO is it? *cue illuminati music* O.o did she get kicked out by it?

maybe she had a double, also, Hushed river valley is pretty far away, has the wolf poplutation on the transition zone side of the dam raise? maybe they could move her to the cave near there.

For now, Im content to call this one Frosty. 

It's called easter egg :D:D:D:D:D 

I am sure it's Fluffy. I think many others agree it's Fluffy :c

Started a game this weekend on Pilgrim and explored the new region. I tried 3 runs on Voyageur and found myself dead in a couple days trying to explore too much and run into a moose and got stomped. A couple times I caught hypothermia after exiting an ice cave  and not drying off right away. Have to say this region would be tough as nails on Interloper as some places you need to have an axe to breakdown scrub brush blocking your way. I found an awful lot of loot on the map but I was playing the easiest setting. Ice cave system is extensive and I know a wolf lives in the one cave as on a Voyageur run I entered a cave and heard howling needless to say I turned around right away LOL. 

TLDNRRR.png

TLDNR.png

TLDNR2.png

On 6/15/2018 at 5:17 PM, Pillock said:

Am I right in thinking you can't get off the map unless you have a hatchet?

And if that's the case, if you start an interloper game there, are you not trapped forever?

No, there's a way to leave near Cloudtop Falls, kind of against the wall.  It's the way I entered the region, and I left the same way.

Has anyone else noticed The Tree To Nowhere near the signal fire?  On the way up, there's a hill up on the left, then a tree that crosses over to the right.  As far as I can tell, there is nothing on that entire path on either side of the tree crossing, yet it seems odd to have what is a purposeful tree crossing right there.  Since it's next to a cliff face... potential rope to a future transition point?

Mapped almost every spot in Pilgrim while they fix the disappearing arrow bug. I know this isn't refined at all, but this is what I had time to whip up and serves as a general reference to those lost in the region and to help getting your approximate bearings, hope it helps. :coffee:

MAP_ANNOTATIONS_V2.thumb.png.35b25d32600297f1207a7788220d5b24.png

The new bushes requiring a hatchet to be cut down are really annoying on this map: "Well, you can´t get through here because you neither have a hatchet to cut them down nor the strength to push away some dead bushes."

An option to squeeze yourself through those bushes (maybe at the cost of some clothing condition) with an option to cut them down with a hatchet instead of straight out requiring you to own a hatchet would make this a well designed new obstacle. The way it is designed now is really dumb. It simply locks you out from some nice spots on the map when a hatchet is unavailable which is lame (especially on Interloper - every bet that this new map is a possible starting location for this mode!).

On 16/06/2018 at 6:01 PM, JaySovereign said:

There is a wolf living in the ice cave, so watch your step.

My observations (please note that my exploration has been limited so far, and all in Interloper): there are (at least) two ice caves, unless they are somehow connected but I don't think they are. I encountered a wolf repeatedly in one but not yet in the other. At first, I searched the first one thoroughly and found no wolf. The second time I entered in, in the same game, the wolf appeared, so I think it has similar spawn rules as normal wolves.

The wolf can be dealt with using torches and campfires but it's definitely a challenge.

4 hours ago, TerribleSurvivor said:

The way it is designed now is really dumb. It simply locks you out from some nice spots on the map when a hatchet is unavailable which is lame (especially on Interloper - every bet that this new map is a possible starting location for this mode!)

Right - HRV is a possible starting location on Interloper. I've found that some of these bushes can be bypassed by taking a different route. I'm also told you can find an improvised hatchet there on Interloper, so the bushes are part of the puzzle you need to solve.

I have only been in the one with the wolf so far before losing my run to a bug that reset my characters gear, skills and survival time and replaced my character with a starter character upon entering the ice cave D:

I know the ice cave with the wolf has a small rope climb very close to his spawn - might help us figure out if it's all the same cave system. It is quite large and confusing to navigate without light, and still big and maze like with a lantern. I think I found at least 3 entrances/exits in that ice cave system. One of them brings you out near monolith lake/mammoth falls if you make you way through some of those nasty harvestable bushes and down a river.

Really beautiful area, wish I could have spent more time there.

Be very careful entering/exiting areas at the moment (especially if you're using the CTS clicking option thing).

1 hour ago, moistsack said:

I have only been in the one with the wolf so far before losing my run to a bug that reset my characters gear, skills and survival time and replaced my character with a starter character upon entering the ice cave D:

Ouch...

1 hour ago, moistsack said:

I know the ice cave with the wolf has a small rope climb very close to his spawn - might help us figure out if it's all the same cave system. It is quite large and confusing to navigate without light, and still big and maze like with a lantern. I think I found at least 3 entrances/exits in that ice cave system. One of them brings you out near monolith lake/mammoth falls if you make you way through some of those nasty harvestable bushes and down a river.

I can confirm (at least) 3 exits from the wolf cave and (at least) 2 exits from the other one. Both have a small rope climb inside, and I am pretty sure they are two different climbs. I haven't explored the surroundings of all the exits. And I can't be sure the other cave is wolf-safe, but right now my survivor is betting on it.

Archived