2 simple wishes..

Corporal Scotch

I'm a long time Long Dark fan. I have two wishes...

1. Let me sit. In a chair, by a fire, with the next wish to be granted...

2. A good book to read. While waiting for dinner to cook, or just to pass the time.

The number of times I've just wanted to hit up a comfy chair to do my sewing or sharpen my knife is beyond count. Maybe it'll slow my calorie burn or weariness just a bit. At least I'll know my hard times are a bit easier without surviving on my feet...forever.

All the books I find are only good for starting my fires. If only I had a copy of Moby Dick or some other classic to keep me entertained while the weather is blowing and the gear has been looked after. In case of emergency, I could always burn the pages I've already read.

Thanks for the incredible experience of managing my time and needs in the special place that is The Long Dark. Sorry if these wishes have already been posted. There are many more complex changes, these seem to be pretty simple but would add a bit more depth to my world. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 11:09 PM, Corporal Scotch said:

The number of times I've just wanted to hit up a comfy chair to do my sewing or sharpen my knife is beyond count. Maybe it'll slow my calorie burn or weariness just a bit. At least I'll know my hard times are a bit easier without surviving on my feet...forever.

This is a great idea. It doesn't make sense that our lone survivor is perpetually on their feet, even when passing time on a bed[roll]. I agree that doing tasks on a chair or bench should lessen the caloric and energy expenditure.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:09 PM, Corporal Scotch said:

All the books I find are only good for starting my fires. If only I had a copy of Moby Dick or some other classic to keep me entertained while the weather is blowing and the gear has been looked after. In case of emergency, I could always burn the pages I've already read.

This could also be an opportunity to implement some sort of psychological stat/mechanic for our lone survivor. Reading a book could increase our "homeliness" or something of the like. Great points that could definitely be looked in to by @admin / @Raphael van Lierop

On 6/15/2018 at 12:09 PM, Corporal Scotch said:

I'm a long time Long Dark fan. I have two wishes...

1. Let me sit. In a chair, by a fire, with the next wish to be granted...

Yes, please let us rest our weary feet!!! This inability to sit down indoors is actually something that really takes me out of the immersion, personally. I can crouch by an outdoor fire and feel like I'm sitting, but indoors, like why am I just standing around?

My current character just left the Trapper's for Coastal Highway, but when she was staying at the Trapper's, I had placed a couple of dead bunnies on the chair next to the stove, just so I won't feel silly for not sitting down when doing things indoors. Pretending I can't sit because something's on the chair... Maybe that says more about my state of mind than the game mechanic lol.

Losing less calories while sitting to sew etc. is a great thought too. I'd vote for that!

Archived