Admin

The Long Dark updated to v1.33 [37608] — VIGILANT FLAME

50 minutes ago, nicko said:

You can also repair pots with metal and simple tools.

Hu. Confirmed. You can indeed. I guess that ends that argument.

Hi guys!

This update was so... New.

I mean : I can not cooking my meat in a fire outside. Why? Or maybe you planned to create in a new update a stick to be able to cook this meat in  outside?

And, still in the future, have you planned a way to craft kitchen equipment? (Like pot, storage box, maybe a use of salt?)

Many questions, I know. I'm sorry ^^'

Edited by RoiRétro

'.....and added several minutes of new ambient music to Survival Mode.' ~this since no one mentioned it. :)

great game guys, keep up the good work. One day, I will get to play....

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, RoiRétro said:

I mean : I can not cooking my meat in a fire outside. Why? Or maybe you planned to create in a new update a stick to be able to cook this meat in  outside?

On an outdoor campfire, there are two slightly larger flat stones. They are the cooking stones you can use by either placing a piece of meat on them or by putting a pot or a recycled can on them. In the picture below, you'll see that I'm cooking a deer steak and am melting some snow in a recycled can.

You can also put pre-made things (like a cup of reishi tea or a can of soup) next to the fire and they'll heat up slowly.

screen_93a5ad80-0c76-451b-b092-880fc2e02dd4_hi.thumb.png.75b0dabbd1b1a6a921856e618495a73e.png

• Like 1

On 14/06/2018 at 5:39 PM, admin said:

[Survival Mode] Removed Stone Church from Faithful Cartographer requirements, as it was causing an issue with legacy game saves.

The Faithful Cartographer official list still lists Stone Church on the Desolation Point list.

Location Trigger - Stone Church

Not clear if just the Icon or Location Trigger requirement removed, or both?

Both trigger and icon popped for me.

Like the new cooking system but very disappointed that there are no indoor structures in Hush.  Ice Caves were ok but got old pretty quick.  How about an animation for building a fire next? Thanks!