New Survival Mode Update Coming Thursday

Admin

Can't wait to improve my pelt collection and freeze to death in the new region! Finally, I'll be able to rename my survivor Gordon Ramsay!

Also, nice name! Vigilant Flame has a good ring to it. 

2 hours ago, admin said:

5b204dba3686c_VigilantFlame-Comingv2-3.thumb.png.7f587dc26d98fc4241073992ae2dcb82.png

Yes please!

Can´t even wait that extra day to see, feel and play it!

By the way, that teaser screenshot looks absolutly amazing. Good Job Hinterland!

40 minutes ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

Is the background Coastal Highway or River Valley ? It looks like Jack Rabbit Island there on the right

That´s Coastal Highway by the looks of it!

Looks promising!
I've never thought that this roadmap wish of realtime cooking would actually be implemented (this soon) in the game. :D

Wondering too about the building of fires, I assume that for the moment it will be the same as we're used to.

2 hours ago, TheEldritchGod said:

What exact MINUTE is it being released? Because I need to schedule when I'm falling down and going to the chiropractor thus being taken out of work, so I MUST take the day off.

Nice try.  You'll probably have a visiting physician:  The Doc from Mister Roberts. 

"Two aspirin.  Marked for duty.":D

12 minutes ago, stratvox said:

Not Coastal Highway. No house on the island and the low island is not in the right place for it to be Misanthropes. I think it's the mouth of the river in River Valley.

We'll all get to find out tomorrow I guess :)

No it's definetly Coastal Highway: the horizon looks to be coastal and to the left you can see the wooden tower that's in the logging camp. The chain of islands also looks like Jack Rabbit, Misanthropes and the small island in between the two of them.

Please tell me I'm not the only one willing to believe that rainbow effect will actually be in-game. <3

Also, I'm pretty sure that first teaser with the campfire is coastal highway, that peak in the left corner is very familiar. But I'm sure we'll find out very soo. :3

14 minutes ago, TerribleSurvivor said:

New hidden NPC introduction:

Leprechaun with a pot of gold at the end of each rainbow!

Inflicts various diseases if you come too close!

As long as I can have unlimited buckled top hats I'm perfectly fine with this idea. 

Too bad that one of by this creature inflicted curses is a chicken being attached to your head permanently occupying both head clothing slots.

fabb446f7d62eea1e0b441c3080082e7.jpg

It makes a lot of noise, attracts predators, prevents you from sleeping and cannot be removed by a curse causing you to lose your headgear since the game is lacking these. The only way to remove it is to actually let yourself getting mauled by a bear or wolf.

And no, this chicken does not enable you to fly or glide down cliffs unlike in some famous zelda games :P

55 minutes ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

Does anyone find it odd that every official picture of River Valley (besides for one of them in the dev diary) has been focused on the waterfalls? Even Raph has been showing off a couple of photos of the new cooking mechanic, but only one of the new region.

Well i don´t think they want people to see too much of the new map before release because the whole thing about a new map is to explore it completly on your own. If you give away multiple pictures (especially if they contain prominent landmarks and stuff like that) players will have a less exciting experience exploring the new map because they have seen it once before already. In one phrase: More pictures than necessary would take away the joy in exploring.

@TerribleSurvivor, A chicken hat might actually have positive effects.

Chicken hats are the pinnacle of infiltration technology in Metal Gear Solid (along with cardboard boxes). You'll be all but invisible!

I don't know everything about MGS and it's cast but wasn't Jennifer hale(Astrid) in the series? (Also at one point I think David Hayter was announced to be in this game who was Solid Snake) So that pretty much confirms chicken hats will be introduced as the first craftable headgear in TLD.

In probably digging a little too deep... lol

Archived