clothes wear and tear

junglegreen

I know this has been on before but can someone remind me.     Does wearing clothes in bed / bedroll wear out faster than if you take them off to sleep.

Died once by forgetting to get dressed in the morning and died of hyperthermia (surprise surprise lol)    so now wear clothes all the time.

I have absolutely died from forgetting to get sufficiently dressed after wearing less clothing to avoid wear and tear. The mountaineering hut turns out to be a dangerous place to go to bed for a full night in just your bedclothes... 

I am not sure, but from years of reading on these forums I dimly remember that wearing clothes in your sleep wears them off faster, but only to a minimal degree. I may have seen a discussion where some people said the additional wear and tear is so minute that it is not worthwhile to take clothes off for sleeping.

It would be interesting if someone did some testing - just get two pairs of cotton socks, repair them to 100% and spend a couple of nights wearing one pair and leaving the other on the floor. Or maybe have a third one and leave that in a container.

The bunny suit can only be unlocked by completing an, "Easter egg". :D

Crafted clothes are a renewable resource, and cloth is fairly common, just make sure you have a lot of spare bandages and after that you'll be fine using the materials to preserve that expedition parka +light shell, wool toque/balclava, wool underwear, wool sweaters or climbing socks. (My list of best manufactured clothing to keep, useful for lightweight travel expeditions like climbing mountains or moving gear.)

Archived