Sodas, caffeine, and thirstiness

Vlad

I've noticed a few foods that increase thirst (besides salty crackers) which i think is cool. It got me thinking about soda, and how right now it quenches a lot of thirst in the game (and there's sometimes a lot of it), but i didn't notice it increasing the rate of dehydration. Sodas contain simple sugars and sodium, which i feel should maybe satisfy hunger and thirst but temporarily increase the rate of starvation and dehydration. I thought it might also be cool to include caffeine (which i think has been mentioned in some way) reducing fatigue but maybe also temporarily speeding up fatigue gain, like a short burst of energy which evens out but can get you out of a slump. The same would be applicable to a coffee beverage. Just random thoughts.

Mountain Dew here and very little free water for me, but i would imagine that technically i'm dehydrated to some extent. There aren't always symptoms with consistent, low-level dehydration... I'm not saying that soda dehydrates a person, because i'm sure it's a net gain, but plain water is certainly better for hydration. And now i'm rambling, but as i'm looking more at the game, the net hydration from soda looks less than the equivalent volume of water, so my thought may be moot. I still like the idea of caffeine, though.

I never drink soda. But that coffee dehydrates your body is a myth.

It might be for people not used to it, but not if you drink 1-2l a day for all your life ;) I drink a lot of tap water too and never got sick either.

Drink 1l water, mixed with some good (not expansive) sea salt. Also a bit (expensive) juice mixed 50-50 with water. 1l Milk in 2 days.

But cola? I think that stuff will cost you a fortune down the road for your dentist. I have seen a few ppl who were addicted to cola, and had such bad teeth.

Archived