Issues finding rifle?

Incariuz

In previous playthroughs I haven't had an issue finding the rifle, but now that we have the 100% guarantee I can't seem too. I've literally been to every building twice, and checked every dead body along every path that I know of but just no luck. I've searched all through clearcut and other forestry areas around, both caves, unnamed pond, under the bridge, etc etc. Ended up finding the hidden bunker south of the mystery lake cabins and it didn't have a rifle either. Wondering if anyone else is having an extremely difficult time finding it? Or if they may have some ideas on not so familiar spots where bodies may be laying.

Aside from that, I also haven't found a hunting knife either, lol. Good thing I've gotten a fare amount of flares so I could steal deer from wolves unharmed. Not too concerned if I don't find it, sure I'll get one when I move over to the highway, but yah, just curious how many people are having a hard time or might know where I may not be looking that I should (like some rare body on top of a cliff or something).

I haven't started a new game yet so I wouldn't know how hard it is to find a rifle now. But I just wanted to say that the rifle is guaranteed to be in every sandbox game, but not necessarily on the Mystery Lake map I think. It could be on the Coastal Highway map...

Yah, I thought it read 100% chance in Mystery Lake alone, which has me confused as hell why I can't find it, I honestly don't think there is anywhere I haven't went on the map yet. All good though, survived 25 days without it so far, will just finish up last of my supplies and head to new map.

I've literally been to every building twice, and checked every dead body along every path that I know of but just no luck.

What about the dam? Sometimes it is hidden in the shadow (and so are other tools like the hunting knife). My tipp is to go though every building with a lit lantern. (Have found a few things with this tactic.)

Aside from that, I also haven't found a hunting knife either, lol. Good thing I've gotten a fare amount of flares so I could steal deer from wolves unharmed.

Nice. You just have to be creative.

Btw: You can craft snares at Trappers Homestead (every workbench I think) to hunt bunnies if you run out of flares. ;)

Well, started a new game last night. Started near the dam, had two wolves closing in from different directions, so I ran to the dam hoping Fluffy would not be there. But of course he was. Fluffy attacked me, I fought him off. I ran after him, he attacked again and I killed him that time. That left me at 37% condition...

But I lucked out, there was a rifle in the dam. And when I checked the safe, I found 6 rounds. I slept through the night in the dam, healing to 68% and moved out to the CO the next day.

In the following days, I found 2 hunting knives (1 on a corpse, and 1 in Trappers Homestead). I've found 2 can openers, 2 sets of simple tools and 1 lantern. And I've only been to the dam, CO, the lake cabins and fishing cabins on the lake and TH. So either I'm just very lucky or there's plenty of tools available on the maps.

Oh, there's also a workbench at the dam, so you can make traps there as well.

Archived