Sign in to follow this  
Khan_Drichthyes

Vertigo?

This came up in my mind while thinking of my previous suggestion of wind pushing you around, particularly while on the Ravine trestle. 

What about vertigo effects?

I'm not sure how it could be implemented and portrayed in the game, but it could add another layer of "The pucker factor." 

While I don't have a problem with heights, I have experienced vertigo a few times.  The most memorable was at one of the scenic overlooks on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  The sidewalk along the parking lot had a steep slope next to it and no fence or railing, so that you had no sense of immediate ground in front of you, as you looked straight out upon that grand vista.  I quickly started getting dizzy, light headed, and needed to step back into the parking lot.

Now I would imagine, in Wintermute, Will wouldn't be affected, since he's a pilot.   But your character in Survival as well as Astrid may have such a reaction to precarious high places.

I swear, I'm not trying to kill your character.¬¬

Why not?

But your character should be able to get used to dazzling heights at spots he visits often. Like some hidden skill that increases with every day of visit or so.

21 minutes ago, TerribleSurvivor said:

Why not?

But your character should be able to get used to dazzling heights at spots he visits often. Like some hidden skill that increases with every day of visit or so.

That makes sense.